Oak Aged Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for beers aged in oak barrels. Anytime I see one, I try to pick it up. I have an Allagash in the fridge right now and just had an Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout that was pretty good. One of my favorites is Innis and Gunn's scotch ale. Can you guys suggest some oak aged brews I HAVE TO try?

Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti by Great Divide, and Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA.

Two of my all-time fav's...

Southern Tier Oak Aged Unearthly IPA, Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, DFH Burton Baton and for some reason i'm going black but those are a few good ones.

Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard is fantastic. It is just outstanding with home-smoked pork ribs - my favorite food/beer combination yet.

Odells Bourbon Barrel Stout is amazingly good if you can get it. If you can't you may be on the East coast in which case you might be able to get Dragon's Milk which is also very good.

I really like the dragons milk.

Samichlaus is pretty good.

Arcadia's Shipwreck porter is a very good offering too, and perhaps my favorite out of the bunch.

Oak aged beer is one of my favorites also.

Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti by Great Divide, and Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA.

I have to try these! Never been disappointed with Great Divide. LOVE the Titan IPA.

In terms of oak beer, I've only tried one, the Oak'd Arrogant Bastard Ale. I loved it.

I liked those okay, but prefer the Oaked Bastard - more tasty and more drinkable.

I'm thinking that i read on the bottle that Arcadia Ales Hopmouth IPA is barrel aged. I cannot confirm that online anywhere, but it is a fabulous beer and I think it is oak aged.

Anything Founders puts in a barrel comes out tasting incredible. Unfortunately they can also be pretty hard to find and/or expensive. Always worth the money and effort to me though.

Latest posts

Back