I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to do a little research before you sell your Avery. They are pretty rare.

Racking my brain but did the Avery have the little gas engine that you used to start the big engine. Seems like I drove one pulling a baler one summer. Mule or pony engine I think it was called

I have a big tub of honey. Like a 50 pound tub of honey that is most likely 30 years old that I keep on looking at and thinking I should try a mead.

Problem is I drink light beers. A big mead would last the rest of my life unless my kid found it

You might want to do a little research before you sell your Avery. They are pretty rare.

Kind of a safety concern, just doesn't seem stable enough. Even hubby has tipped it and he's super careful, most of the time. He decided to hook a mower to it and mow the sides of the driveway one day. About went head first into the creek. Just don't want the kids(grown kids albeit) get a hold of it and hurt themselves.

I have a big tub of honey. Like a 50 pound tub of honey that is most likely 30 years old that I keep on looking at and thinking I should try a mead.

Problem is I drink light beers. A big mead would last the rest of my life unless my kid found it

Dang, all I heard was tub of honey and thought it was bath time. But, yeah, making mead would be good. Ferment it! That will probably kill anything undesirable.

Varmintman said:
Man I just had a post deleted by a mod. Somebody called be a idiot and I replied by thanking them. I was not rude nor vulgar in my reply just pointed out that they were wrong.

Don't take it personal, they are just doing damage control. The guy who was rude to you initially is just as likely to respond to your post with more rudeness. The typical mod course of action is to remove the whole tumor ;)

Don't take it personal, they are just doing damage control. The guy who was rude to you initially is just as likely to respond to your post with more rudeness. The typical mod course of action is to remove the whole tumor ;)

Yuri is very over-zealous, IMO. The rest of the mods are laid back and can discern the proper course of action at the proper time. I guess what I'm saying is that if Yuri was ever a cop, he never issued any warning tickets. For sure.

Anyone feel like dancing? Where's the music? I'll dance with you if it's a good song...

Here's my buddy Steve adding his 15 minute addition. He proudly sports the name of his favorite beer on his t-shirt ;)

I can start my boil here in a few. Right now I'm paying more attention to the keggerator :tank:

Picture 007.jpg

Man I just had a post deleted by a mod. Somebody called be a idiot and I replied by thanking them. I was not rude nor vulgar in my reply just pointed out that they were wrong.

Collateral damage. Removing the cancer means cutting anything that touched it. Has to be.

Modding is a gas. Not always a picnic though, you know, trying to be a member and a cop at the same time. I like hanging out in this thread because it's the least likely place for fire to break out. So far :) And you guys and gals are all so chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collateral damage. Removing the cancer means cutting anything that touched it. Has to be.

Modding is a gas. Not always a picnic though, you know, trying to be a member and a cop at the same time. I like hanging out in this thread because it's the least likely place for fire to break out. So far :) And you guys and gals are all so chill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWuXmfgXVxY

You know something though I am a mod as well on a different forum. I never remove a post if it stayed within the guide lines and I did not break any rules.

Kind of pisses me off in a way since this was the second post I have had deleted and done nothing wrong. Everything I said in the post was relevant to the OP thread and I got deleted because some one called me a idiot.

Who complained number one. I know I did not complain I just set the record right with the guy and did it in a very polite way.

I may just stay in this area and stay out of Yuri's way because I think he has it out for me or something. And I do not know why:(

You know something though I am a mod as well on a different forum. I never remove a post if it stayed within the guide lines and I did not break any rules.

Kind of pisses me off in a way since this was the second post I have had deleted and done nothing wrong. Everything I said in the post was relevant to the OP thread and I got deleted because some one called me a idiot.

Who complained number one. I know I did not complain I just set the record right with the guy and did it in a very polite way.

I may just stay in this area and stay out of Yuri's way because I think he has it out for me or something. And I do not know why:(

Believe me, he doesn't.

There are only 8 mods, and we all see eye-to-eye. And I'm telling you, all is good. So, let's have a great weekend and laissez les bon temps rouller.

Varmintman said:

It can get offensive in some cases, and I'm sorry if you're pissed. Nobody here wants to see you go the way of Sharps though, so don't get that pissed! I was 99% sure that ollllo had a thing against me, and then one night I got tipsy and was frankly acting like kind of an idiot and he banned me before I knew what happened. I probably had it coming, but there was no warning and no prior misconduct. I'm frankly quite pleased that he is no longer a mod, because unlike the other mods I couldn't see any positive contribution he made to the forum. There were no cool builds, no killer recipes, and he certainly didn't stun anyone with his charming personality. Anyway, enough of that.

I had this stuck in my head all day!! But wow, not like this :O parental advisory
[ame]http://youtu.be/rIMGgBLOwfg[/ame]

Loved Warren's music and lyrics.

Wow, went to a Fish Fry tonight (it is my favorite bar on fridays), of course we started with a pitcher (Michelob) as we got in line. After a glass or two, my wife looks at me and says, "Doesn't taste like anything does it?" I nod and indicate we need to find one next week with craft brew. There are a couple that have taken the plunge. At the least the fish was good.

***this is no anger zone***

Need a hug or a kiss v-man? Come'mere..... :p I'll give you some lovin'.

Oh. wait, sometimes I get mad and vent... like when that song cut off half way!!!! :mad:

Half way though the second boil now. I forgot to put my dip tube and filter on before we split the wort, so I had to empty my BK into buckets to remedy the problem. A little splashing from pouring it back in, oh well. Looking at about 1 am probably before I finish up now. Time for some coffee with my beer.

Page 365... does that mean a virtual year went by? Everything is A-okay... I got the equipment to put out fires.... :eek:

Half way though the second boil now. I forgot to put my dip tube and filter on before we split the wort, so I had to empty my BK into buckets to remedy the problem. A little splashing from pouring it back in, oh well. Looking at about 1 am probably before I finish up now. Time for some coffee with my beer.

Is this why so many people interested in adding coffee to beer? For brew days that go to 1 AM?

Gonna bring my dog to the tractor festival Sunday, maybe sell the Avery. Screw the no dog rules. I like breaking rules. They will fall in love with him and rules will be forgotten.

What step are you guys at now? Makes me want to brew, I will again soon. Guess at this point I'm saving beer for a rainy day. I got a bunch going now.

Latest posts

Back