Why am I more productive when I'm drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdowd

Reaction score
Why? Do I just feel more productive because I'm drunk? Or am I truly more productive? Usually I just want to chill but after a few beers, I'm taking gravity readings, cleaning kegs, mowing the lawn, brewing beer, you name it.

Agreed. But im only more productive with brewing or beer related tasks. Nothing puts an end to an otherwise productive day of yard work like that 3rd beer.

Maybe all the calories you're consuming is giving you more energy? Do you only eat a little bit during the day?

Or maybe all those crappy chores become more fun when you have a buzz on. We call it a 'cleaning party' when we pour a few drinks and get the weekly house cleaning done.

Yeah usually I just get in the mood to do menial tasks but I still feel productive. I mean, I don't want to paint the fence right now, but I just gave a nice cleaning to both of my kegs.

Somewhat related to the topic:
ballmer_peak.png

Crap, I actually burst out laughing!

And to the OP, I think you are the anomaly if you are actually more productive when drunk. I usually start feeling lazy and UNproductive after a few swallows. By the time I'm pretty buzzed all I can think about is going to bed (not usually alone...)

Why? Do I just feel more productive because I'm drunk? Or am I truly more productive? Usually I just want to chill but after a few beers, I'm taking gravity readings, cleaning kegs, mowing the lawn, brewing beer, you name it.

If you are drinking while you wrote this I'm gonna have to go with no.

Why? Do I just feel more productive because I'm drunk? Or am I truly more productive? Usually I just want to chill but after a few beers, I'm taking gravity readings, cleaning kegs, *mowing the lawn*, brewing beer, you name it.

Please don't mow the lawn when you're drunk.

~end of Public Service Announcement~

+5

Like hanging the outdoor xmas lights, 2 stories up @ 1 am! I was like a drunk cat and those sob lights all worked! I cook, I clean, I occasionally spill a drink but make up for it by pouring another! It’s those stupid things that I hate doing… I do them at night, alone and have drinks which make them more fun to do! AND I FEEL MORE PRODUCTIVE! I think the drink makes the crap work more enjoyable! It has to get done, why not stumble along the way?!?

Now, things I like to do (brew beer, drive, $work$, etc) I enjoy doing w/no beer / drink. I actually don’t rhahb during brewing. That screws me up! By the time I have to rack I’m too lazy to clean so I stay no-drink during brewing! But when it's time to take out the trash then it’s a session!

I was more productive in school when I was writing code drunk too. Too bad I can't carry that to the job scene!

There's definitely a sweet spot. If I only drink one beer I'm lights out in 30 mins. after the 3rd I'm wide awake trying to get something done.

I hate cleaning, but my wife works nights so sometimes I find a honeydo list when I get home from work.

A few beers and I am a cleaning machine! Otherwise, it usually doesn't get done in a timely manner.

Please don't mow the lawn when you're drunk.

~end of Public Service Announcement~

I drink afterwards. Between the cottonwood tree and the fact that this place used to be a daycare center, mowing the back yard is like running a demolition derby on a tricycle. I hurt all over.

Back