New 15 Gal Mega Pot help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Please

Reaction score
I just got a 15 gal Mega Pot with a ball valve and thermometer from NB. I mistakenly thought it had a dip tube, is there somewhere to get one? Or am I missing something?

Maybe I should expand my post by saying that I just use a piece of silicone hose in my mash tun instead of a real dip tube. It sticks through the hole in the false bottom and works well. In my boil kettle, I use a SS dip tube.

Maybe I should expand my post by saying that I just use a piece of silicone hose in my mash tun instead of a real dip tube. It sticks through the hole in the false bottom and works well. In my boil kettle, I use a SS dip tube.

Where did you get the dip tube? I could get one of those HopStoppers I suppose.

The SS dip tube came with the keggle, but I've made a copper one for my HLT. It consists of a male 1/2" NPT threaded pipe adapter and a short piece of 1/2" copper tube that I bent using those cheap pipe benders that look like springs.

The SS dip tube came with the keggle, but I've made a copper one for my HLT. It consists of a male 1/2" NPT threaded pipe adapter and a short piece of 1/2" copper tube that I bent using those cheap pipe benders that look like springs.

Ya I figured could just bend some flexible copper tube and call it a day, thanks for the help.

Back