Has anyone used this Magic Chef 4.5cf mini fridge for a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on whether or not it has a freezer inside. I have a 4.4cf (may be the 4.5cf) magic chef and it will not work because of the freezer.

I have that fridge for under counter storage in my bar project. No freezer compartment, but the cooling tubes INSIDE the fridge start halfway down the back of the fridge and wrap over onto the top of the fridge compartment, more than halfway to the front of the fridge. Looks awful difficult to get a decent setback with a tower on the top of this model.

I'm at work right now, but I'll take some photos and post them tonight to show you what I'm referring to.

I'm going to be using this under a bar. The tower is going to be mounted on the bar top with the tubing running through insulated pipe to the tower. I'm going to use a 12V PC fan to blow cold air up into the pipe and tower.

It's only $40 less than the 4912, but it's much closer to pick up. Also everything has to go inside the fridge. 2 cornies, CO2, and reg.

Mike

No freezer. The interior demensions are
29'' tall in front, 21 in back (over compressor)
16'' wide
15.5'' deep, 10'' in front of compressor
The door panel is 2'' deep, but I'm sure that stuff can be removed/cut away.

It's only $40 less than the 4912, but it's much closer to pick up. Also everything has to go inside the fridge. 2 cornies, CO2, and reg.

Mike
Based on the dimensions you gave you will most likely be unable to get everything to fit. A corny keg is 9" in diameter. I have a hard time getting 2 kegs and a 5lb co2 tank in a 4.9 cu.ft. fridge and I had to remove the door panel. IMO you are much better off spending the extra $40 for the .4 extra cu.ft. and at least you'll know everything will fit.

Back