Russian Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeRRguz

Reaction score
I drink russian beer, the reazon iz not that Im Russki, but that we have good beer. I drank scottish beer and ales, our stuff is not worse. Baltica ¹7, Siberian Corona Classic are my favorite at the moment.

I enjoy Russian beer, too. The Baltika Porter is a favorite. Very much worth trying.

zeRRguz said:
I drink russian beer, the reazon iz not that Im Russki, but that we have good beer. I drank scottish beer and ales, our stuff is not worse. Baltica ¹7, Siberian Corona Classic are my favorite at the moment.

On the topic of Russia I had an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial the other day. I don't think it was an orginally Russian brewed but still pretty damn good beer IMO.

baltika is excellant beer 3,6,9.10 are my favorites. A friend of mine owns a russian restaurant in washington d.c. and he just gave me a new beer today called Birzieciu by the brewery Rinkuskiai and imported by AIKO llc in mount pleasant north carolina. It's awesome. It's a dark beer that tastes full bodied with a clean finish. Try it you'll like it . If your ever in Washington D> C> try the RUSSIA HOUSE restaurant at 1800 connecticut ave for great russian food and beer.

Serbia beer Russian? I don't think so.

It would be Yugoslavian or Serbian depending on the year (pre-1999 or after), no?:D

Which reminds me...you know why Yugos had rear window defrosters? Because it kept your hands warm while you pushed it.

Man, in 1999 we bombed the hell out of the Yugo plant and the Serbian Army base in Pristina...been ther, done that...

TxBrew said:
On the topic of Russia I had an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial the other day. I don't think it was an orginally Russian brewed but still pretty damn good beer IMO.

Yeah, that's a good one. I've kind of tried to make my imperial in that tradition. Kind of. I've only had two in my life, and all I know is that for a stout it's hoppy. So that's what I went for. If anyone wants to see how I did it, the thread is called "what a stout!"

Ok. this is a very old thread.
Wondering if there is a place to find Baltika clone recipes. My adoptive son is from Russia and his people turned me on to Baltika "numbers"

Back