AHS Kit instruction question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I've never ordered a kit from AHS - my question is if I order a mini mash kit will I see WHAT the ingredients are so I can tweak if desired?

I ask because the only kit I have ever purchased the ingredients were all unknown.

The last time I ordered a kit form them, the instruction sheet had all the ingredients listed. I would like to think that if a store sold a kit without a list of ingredients, they would tell you if you ask.

All of my AHS kits have come with ingredients listed in the instructions

My AHS kit had all of the ingredients clearly listed. High quality kit, go order one.

I've never ordered a kit from AHS - my question is if I order a mini mash kit will I see WHAT the ingredients are so I can tweak if desired?

I ask because the only kit I have ever purchased the ingredients were all unknown.

For me, they have put all grains in the same bag. If you want to tweak the recipe, you may request that they use separate bags for each grain type. Not sure they'll do it, but asking can't hurt.

They give you a complete list, but all the grains are in one bag. It might make sense to brew the kit as-is, then tweak the next batch. That way, you'd know exactly what the tweak did for the beer. On one occasion, I purchased two kits for a Red ale & dry hopped one batch with extra hops.

Back