Duff Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiud

Reaction score
Does any know is there is such a thing as Duff Beer from Simpsons? If so, what does it taste like. If not? I'm wondering if there would ever be a beer recipe contest for something that best represent Duff Beer.:mug:

In the simpsons the duff brewery makes many styles, duff, duff lite, duff dry, duff ice, raspberry duff, tartar control duff, gummi beers. I think some breweries tried to make a duff beer but FOX owns the duff trade mark so I dont think anyone has been able to successfully make duff beer.

There was an Australian brewery that sold a beer under the Duff name for a short while back in the '90s until Fox sued them. You can still get cans off ebay, though I wouldn't recommend sampling them.

I agree with the other posters, Duff is supposed to be the fictional equivalent to BudMillerCoors. Actually, considering there is an episode where Bart and Lisa visit "Duff Gardens" and a Supebowl episode featuring a "Duff Bowl" segment, I believe Duff most closely parodies Budweiser.

for the movie premier Magic Hat made "Duff" beer and it was then licensed to microbrewers around the country to sell at movie theaters that sell beer. In Columbus, the Elevator Brewing Co. made it and it was sold at Studio 35 (an old single screen theater with a bar in it). I had a few glasses and it tasted like a light lager.

In the simpsons the duff brewery makes many styles, duff, duff lite, duff dry, duff ice, raspberry duff, tartar control duff, gummi beers.

I vaguely remember a Simpson's episode where Homer was touring the Duff brewery and the tour guide showed him three big vats of beer, each one labeled as a different type of Duff beer, with one big pipe splitting off into three separate pipes pumping the same exact beer into each.

This has been settled. Episode 1301 of Family Guy has Fred Flintstone stating that both Duff and Pawtucket Patriot are basically an infringement of Budrock, which is presumably Budweiser (and not the good Czech kind)

This has been settled. Episode 1301 of Family Guy has Fred Flintstone stating that both Duff and Pawtucket Patriot are basically an infringement of Budrock, which is presumably Budweiser (and not the good Czech kind)

Wow, did you really create an account just to respond to a 6+ year old post about a fictional beer from a cartoon?

Most impressive....

Lol, no. I created an account because I am a home Brewer and I have been reading forums here for a while. This is the first time I wanted to respond to a post. I remember this thread from a while back and found it funny :)

For what it's worth (now that we've got the ol' thread dusted off and moving again), when I visited Europe a few years ago I remember seeing a few stores that were selling "Duff" novelty beer in bottles. Same logo from the show and everything. Tasted more or less like Budweiser.

I swear I've got a picture of it around here somewhere....

Back