What to do with a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobotion

Reaction score
Hi I just picked up a kegarator from craigslist came with everything and with a keg with a little of Gaffel dont know if I should drink it. But what can I do with the keg ? I see a lot of people make things with them.

pic

2012-06-23 10.18.57.jpg

Not that I've ever done it but I'd imagine all you'd need to refill it is maybe a new ring to pop in there. If nothing else you could probably vent off the pressure, take the co2 line off and transfer through the liquid line

I just dont know how to open and clean it .I would love to but it seems from reading other post that you can't refill it

Post detailed photos of the keg and coupler...I think it can be refilled. Is it a Euro sanke style? Basicly you need to remove the keg stem, clean, fill and reinstall. Or as said above, fill through the coupler, my preference is to remove the stem.

If the stem threads out, there may be a safety catch...this link describes removal af a euro sanke stem
http://www.beer-recipe.org/EuroSanke.html

This may seem like a hassle, but once you learn how to use this keg...it will likely work very well!!!

Post detailed photos of the keg and coupler...I think it can be refilled. Is it a Euro sanke style? Basicly you need to remove the keg stem, clean, fill and reinstall. Or as said above, fill through the coupler, my preference is to remove the stem.

If the stem threads out, there may be a safety catch...this link describes removal af a euro sanke stem
http://www.beer-recipe.org/EuroSanke.html

This may seem like a hassle, but once you learn how to use this keg...it will likely work very well!!!

I cant seem to the last step done . I unscrewed it but cant the safety catch to release

Back