time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wit

You have that backwards ;)

Nope. Not all Winter Warmers can be considered Old Ales. WW has just become a generic term for a "Holiday spiced ale". Take Harpoon Winter Warmer, for example. Hell, Beer Advocate considers Great Lakes Christmas Ale to be a "Winter Warmer". On the other hand, even the BJCP states that old ales "can include winter warmers". Therefore, if you make an old ale and just call it a Winter Warmer, you have one. If you make a winter spiced ale, you can't just call it an Old Ale. :)

k, I'm done. :p

The picture doesn't appear to have one of the typical flavored syrups (schuss) in it. Normally, the schuss is red (flavored with raspberry) or green (flavored with woodruff). Is the pic actually with an unflavored syrup or just a straight-up Berliner Weisse?

Wow,I got it and I have a picture to post.
Kind of dark,the lighting not the beer.
Not too hard,says he.
The clue: although it should,it contains no ingredients from my home nation.

SAM_0044.jpg

barrooze said:
The picture doesn't appear to have one of the typical flavored syrups (schuss) in it. Normally, the schuss is red (flavored with raspberry) or green (flavored with woodruff). Is the pic actually with an unflavored syrup or just a straight-up Berliner Weisse?

It's just a berliner weisse with no syrup. But my hint was that it is commonly drunk with woodruff to make it "green."

It's neither a Tiger nor a Singa clone gents.

next hint: It's the big brother of what Jamil once said was one of his fave styles

Give the man a cigar!
The game,sir,goes to you. It is in fact an ESB brewed with vienna and munich, with a lb of flaked maize for good measure.

It's neither a Tiger nor a Singa clone gents.

next hint: It's the big brother of what Jamil once said was one of his fave styles

Which was the style Jamil said was one of his faves? Standard or Special? I recall him saying he liked the std for its low ABVs.

He said Ordinary Bitter and I have to say that I do agree,a good pint of bitter is bloody hard to beat.

:mug: Exactly why I've got a bitter fermenting right now and have another inline to be brewed in a couple months. :)

Sweet! I am waiting for my dad to come over from Engalnd with supplies so that I can brew one.

badlee said:
Sweet! I am waiting for my dad to come over from Engalnd with supplies so that I can brew one.

You do realize you don't have to wait to import english ingredients from england yourself, right?

I don't understand the ESB connection either... Especially since Thailand was one of the only southeast Asian regions to avoid European colonial rule and Thais didn't start drinking beer until the 1930's

The clue: although it should,it contains no ingredients from my home nation.

It is in fact an ESB brewed with vienna and munich, with a lb of flaked maize for good measure.

I don't understand the ESB connection either... Especially since Thailand was one of the only southeast Asian regions to avoid European colonial rule and Thais didn't start drinking beer until the 1930's

His home nation must be the UK. It should have UK ingredients, but instead has German and American.

Well we only knew his home country was England after he confirmed the answer and said that his Dad lives there. So it was natural to assume his "location" was his home.

Quite

PVH you're up. If he doesn't go by 5:24pm somebody else can post a photo.

True, he was being clever. From his name, I figured he wasn't Thai, but thought is was American instead. Hence my initial guess. It was definitely a fun round with fun hints! And it was a beer! ;)

Back