What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
868f1c4d.jpg

outstanding double IPA. Orange, grapefruit, and floral notes. incredibly bitter, but I am not even upset. Really slick and syrupy body as well.
dscn3004m.jpg

after getting my ass handed to me from ^that one, I was surprised that this one is not very bitter. Really good though, great flavor balance with orange, lemon, and caramel with a bit of chocolate malt that I noticed. Some decent bitterness as well, but not that much.
dscn3006lp.jpg

Just finished one of my last Irish red ale's... Got just one pint left... :( Got just two of my English IPA left in the fridge... Time to chill down some of what else is in bottles (have two DOM's in the fridge, just need to get bottle stoppers since I used Belgian bottles for that batch)...

Absolutely the BEST IMPERIAL STOUT I've ever had!!

35b9fbda.jpg

Where in hell did you find Jester King?!?!?!? I was told by my guy at Gabriel's that they had no got distribution worked out yet so hurry up and wait. I have heard nothing but good things about these guys and have been champing at the bit to taste them!

a few newkie's while racking my double D choco stout to the keg. a hop head porter while cleaing up, and now on the couch surfing with a with a DFH dfh raison d'etre.

The guy I've brewed with for a while now has always complained about the beers he made... Usually extract, no temp control.. I talked him into all grain, temp controller and chest freezer and I'm drinking one of his first attempts - Milk Chocolate Stout from NB - it's crazy good, like drinking chocolate milk ! He ended up using half the required chocolate and I think it's perfect, his SWMBO is actually encouraging him to brew more !

TANSTAAFB said:
Where in hell did you find Jester King?!?!?!? I was told by my guy at Gabriel's that they had no got distribution worked out yet so hurry up and wait. I have heard nothing but good things about these guys and have been champing at the bit to taste them!

I have access to 100 plus bottles... I'm going to buy me a few more!! Best imperial stout I've ever had!!

I have access to 100 plus bottles... I'm going to buy me a few more!! Best imperial stout I've ever had!!

I'm very happy for you...However, that helps ME not at all :drunk:
Access from where? Is it a secret stash? Is there a pager number and a secret code? Help me help me!!! :D

TANSTAAFB said:
I'm very happy for you...However, that helps ME not at all :drunk:
Access from where? Is it a secret stash? Is there a pager number and a secret code? Help me help me!!! :D

Im on my iPad can't see your location to know how to reference you. Where are you at??

Im on my iPad can't see your location to know how to reference you. Where are you at??

Ah!.... I loaded hbt on safari instead of the cheesy app and I can see your in Texas county. I have access to it in Houston.

Ah!.... I loaded bbt on safari instead of the cheesy app and I can see your in Texas county. I have access to it in Houston.

Where? Gabriels in San Antonio says they are not getting distribution as of 2 weeks ago. I specifically asked the very knowledgable head of the beer dept. about Jester King!!!

You are a lucky SOB :mug:

Fat Woody's Green Stout (homebrew)

Basic stout grist, with lots of Willamettes after 20 minutes. They lend a smooth, slightly minty hop character that goes real well with the roasty stout.

...Not gonna lie though, I've got tomorrow off, and there's a glass of Buffalo Trace staring at me waiting for this pint of Green Stout to be finished. This stuff is the nectar of the gods for a bourbon fan.

SN Bigfoot 2011. Not bad, I always put a few of these away, it's interesting to see the hops fall off and the malt come forward. I drank a 2006 bigfoot the other day and it was all malt. This 2011 is actually really well balanced, doesn't need to be aged at all - very good.

Gordon-Biersch Chech Style Pilsner... I took a couple weeks off of brewing and I have almost no ready-to-drink homebrews... :-( I'm saving my last 3 cream ale bombers to share with my teammates at volleyball games tomorrow night.

Gordon-Biersch Chech Style Pilsner... I took a couple weeks off of brewing and I have almost no ready-to-drink homebrews... :-( I'm saving my last 3 cream ale bombers to share with my teammates at volleyball games tomorrow night.

"been to Gordon-Biersch here in SC (myrtle beach) not a big fan. Maybe Because it's in a tourist-trap outdoor mall. yours any better? everything tasted weak here in SC. even their winter special was watery.

"been to Gordon-Biersch here in SC (myrtle beach) not a big fan. Maybe Because it's in a tourist-trap outdoor mall. yours any better? everything tasted weak here in SC. even their winter special was watery.

It's not great, but it is a good variation from other stuff. We don't have the greatest selection at most of the stores in Vegas. It is in a variety pack with a blonde bock, a maibock, and a marzen. These are all pretty watery, but that matches the styless, right? The Czech-style pilsner has a nice hop flavor to balance the wateriness.

Back