Can anybody help me out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hi all...I was wondering if anyone could possibly point me in the direction of a clone recipe for Redstones Black Raspberry Nectar Mead...SWMBO loves it and I wanted to give it a go for my first mead, that is unless someone has a better idea/recipe...Thanks again

well, it's not a complicated brew....Redstone could be cloned with....say 2 or 3 pounds of honey and about 1 1/2 or 2 # of frozen berries...follow basic brewing procedure...voila You've got a clone....sorta.
Do you keg? Redstone is carbed but it's dry, so you can do it with beer bottles and priming sugar.

Thanks for the input...Yes I do keg but we are thinking of offering this brew for Xmas gifts and with aging the people that we are giving the bottles to would be able to enjoy them for next Xmas...What would the 2-3# of honey yield and what style of honey? Clover and Wildflower? Thanks again

well, honey has volume, and that makes the whole equation a bit tricky, but 3# of honey per gallon in a 3 or 5 gallon carboy will give you about a 1.100 OG. For fruit forward mead, i'd just use clover honey (not that clover doesn't make a fine show mead)
If you can, get it clear, get it carbed, use a BMBF to bottle, and let it age in the bottles...without crud at the bottom.

Per Redstone's site this mead is made with 5 parts Clover honey to 1 part Wild Flower. That probably would be 6 pounds to 2 gallons of medium sweet melomel.

Back