Any Musicians out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I play bass a little bit. I've been wanting to buy a harmonica.

But my real passion is the upright organ.:D

i used to play percussion mostly for classical stuff. i have a guitar and banjo but i don't really play. just recently bought myself a violin, which i really, really want to learn how to play as i have loved the violin my whole life. unfortunatly college is a little more important right now.

come to think of it i don't remember why i chose drums in the beginning.

Definition of a drummer:

A guy who likes to hang out with real musicians.:D

j/k I used to play on the drums. I've got a natural rhythym for it. I've never owned a set of drums so I don't really consider myself a drummer.

Got a M.M. (Masters Musical Performance) in Percussion. Just play for fun or little $$ nowadays- Concert Band-Timpani-Fife and Drum Corps-Drum Kit; Your typical washed up old-guy gigs /s

JW

Oh Yes, I am a Guitar Hero.
Ripped Levis, Metallica T Shirt, Adoring fan, etc.

2jetd8y.jpg

BA in Music Theory/Commercial Music, getting my teaching credential, coach a local marching band, teach guitar, elec. bass, trumpet, piano lessons, church musician and play tuba in a local orchestra.

Upright bass, playing swing, blues and jazz.

Played orchestra in college, toured with a cover band after graduation. I got a chance to move to SoCal with a "day job" so I took it in mid 80's. I quit playing all together for a couple years after the move.

Bought an upright in '90 and have been playing pretty steady since on local gigs. Lately it's about 1-2 gigs/week when I'm not traveling for work. Played with 5 groups so far this year. (I'm a bit of a 'ho)

I admire you guys who completed your music degrees and/or do music full time. I just didn't have the level of commitment necessary for it.

I was a high school band director in another life so I can play pretty much any wind or brass instrument, but my main axe is the Tuba.

Still trying to get proficient on the bagpipes though. Pretty cocky a couple years ago, "just give me the pipes and a fingering chart and I'll have them down in 2 weeks..." Famous last words. They're still kicking my butt.

I played guitar in several rock and blues bands when I was younger. Now I play 5-string banjo, mandolin and bass fiddle, just well enough to have fun.

Electric bass player here. Funky grooves fill my pocket. Also play a little piano and some six-string if it's acoustic. Played in some bands, but these days it is all about the day job.

Guitar and Drums here. I think of myself as a guitarist. Big into soul, blues, classic rock, as well as alternative and acoustic. :)

Greg

been playing guitar on and off for 25 years, more off but started getting back into it about 2 years ago. Going to start recording some originals with a former co worker soon. Had a metal and a punk band back in the 80's.

did clarinet, trumpet, and all of percussion...now it's aux percussion and the PC

Evets said:
I played guitar in several rock and blues bands when I was younger. Now I play 5-string banjo, mandolin and bass fiddle, just well enough to have fun.

Is you avatar a guitar you own? If so, how much ya want? :D

I play some songs on piano, but mostly play guitar. Took lessons for a couple of years, many years ago. Seems I don't have enough time to get my fingers back in shape, but sometimes I practice for a few days, when I get the urge to try recording.

I want to learn more about music theory. Chords, structure, etc. Wish I had a couple of people near me to jam with. I could really learn a lot.

Homercidal said:
Forget the pants! Check out the singer!:cross:

Yeah, I'd say she was like an in-her-prime Brittany Spears but you know, just like the real thing she too had a baby last year. BTW, let's just say kegs ain't the only things I dun tapped :ban: No, it's not mine. haha.

Another tuba player here. I play in the pretty good Community band, a dixieland band and a small, and a large oompah band. Also the occasional New Orleans style street band.

Two tuba players walk by a bar..........

Hey, it could happen

I play guitar, some harmonica and whatever else I can get my hands on to mess around with. I played sax in H.S. and was pretty good at it, but i would suck at it now.

I played in a couple punk-ska bands in college, then started my own rockabilly/roots rock band after that. (myspace.com/thehyfires)

Lately I haven't played out in forever. I've been dabbling with lutherie, trying to build instruments. So... when I'm away from this forum for long stretches, it's because I'm rocking the jigsaw and dremel tool instead of the stirring spoon and hydrometer.

Bobby_M said:
Yeah, I'd say she was like an in-her-prime Brittany Spears but you know, just like the real thing she too had a baby last year. BTW, let's just say kegs ain't the only things I dun tapped :ban: No, it's not mine. haha.

Nice! You also know that having a baby isn't necessarily going to ruin a girl. (Of course the odds are pretty good though.) ;)

ohiobrewtus said:
I play guitar. Mostly acoustic, chord-strumming stuff.

Me too...I've 3 acoustics right now and also a mexi-strat through a roland guitar synth.
However, I've other fun toys like thumb pianos, juice harps, organ, whistles etc. etc. etc.
I'll always try to play anything I'm able to try and more likely than not am able to amuse at least myself lol!

Evets said:

You know mandolin players spend half of thier life tuning thier instruments, and the other half playing out of tune:D That is a cool mandolin in your avatar though.

I play guitar and sing in my current band the Poxy Boggards "The Drinking Group WIth A Singing Problem". (www.poxyboggards.com) or (http://www.myspace.com/poxyboggards). WE play alot of Irish and english folk style music as well as a bunch of BLUE originals.

We have our annual St. Patrick's Day Show coming up on March 15th for anyone in the Los Angeles area, the details are posted in a seperate thread in the General Chit-chat section.

I also play, mandolin, mandola, harmonica, recorder and piano. Good to see so many Musicians here on the boards.:mug:

Latest posts

Back