Now what!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewPharm

Reaction score
We have been in the process of selling our house for 6 months now. Finally had an accepted offer on our home July 5th. Start packing up the non essentials and finish up the 2 brews I had to bottle. All my equipment safely packed away in storage waiting to be busted out to make beer at a new location. Found out Saturday the buyers financing fell through. I will keep my opinions on him and his mother to myself. So now what? I've built up a stock pile of 16 cases of 12 ounce bottles. Do I enjoy the fruits of my labor and hope I get to my new home before it runs out? Do I rock the boat and get my hobby stuff back out of storage and leave my wife's scrap book items behind? Do I ration, tell friends to stay away and fall back on store bought brews!!? Aaaarrgh!!!!

Thanks Charlie P! The story in the form of a question. Who is f'ing dumb enough to finance something massively expensive between preapproval and the bank underwriter finalizing your loan? What the hell do people think? There are consequences to stupid choices.

Maybe now is the time to break out some of the equipment and brew some small experiemental batches. You know, things that can be transported more easily and still keep you giong until you get moving. This way you keep the pipeline filling some and can have some conditioning for when the move happens.

Otherwise, maybe it is time to sample some new craft brews and collect the bottles. Do you have others interested in the place or do you think the extremely financially responisble other party will still be able to buy the house and this just being a delay?

Deal is dead. Open house on Saturday.
Showing tomorrow. So there is hope. I like the bottle collecting idea. I've never done gallon size batches. So that's a great option too. As far as my opinion on the guys mom.....she should have bought plan B!

Sorry about that dude... I remember when we bought the mortgage guy was pretty explicit - don't do anything weird, or really anything at all til it's done.

Hope you find a new buyer soon, good luck!

Sorry the deal died. That sucks, but you probably do not want them in the house anyway.

Hopefully you find some good buyers on Saturday and have a smooth quick closing.

Sorry about that dude... I remember when we bought the mortgage guy was pretty explicit - don't do anything weird, or really anything at all til it's done.

Hope you find a new buyer soon, good luck!

Yep, they usually tell you not to finance anything in that time period

We didn't move ahead with much other than packing up some stuff. Our bank ordered an appraisal on the house we were buying. So I'm out that $ if we don't close. I feel even worse for the people whose house we hope to buy, they moved out and are renting already!! No wonder their realtor wants a 3 month extension on our offer. The domino effect of one mans ill advised decision. I'm hoping to open a Sierra madre that's finally ready to drink in celebration of a new offer this weekend!!

New accepted offer! Hope these buyers are better with their finances then the last tool was!

Back