Probably the best airport bar ever for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywolfie1015

Reaction score
SWMBO and I are stuck at Santa Rosa, CA airport for a few hours, so grab a drink at the restaurant/bar/lounge. On tap are Russian River Blind Pig IPA and Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin. Nice.

Fantastic! As someone who is in an airport a few times a month, its great to have more craft beer choices in the airport bars. I think it was the Austin airport that had a Boston Brewing bar - had some Sam Adams I had 't tried before. And I had a local Atlanta beer in their airport, which was cool.

Terminal C in Tampa now has a Cigar City Brewery bar and brewery in the airport. They even have their signature airport beer, Jannus, named after the first commercial airline pilot. It's a good reason for me to check into my flight early.

I hold that Portland Or had the best terminals. Rogue Brewery on one side, Lakeside Brewery on the other. Now if they could get Deschutes Brewery and 10 barrel brewery it would make my life much easier then having to fly or drive to Bend.

Portland is good. The rogue brewery there and a nice flight attendant with a bottle opener made the return trip from our last vacation much more enjoyable.

flipfloptan said:
You have to be careful at the Sweetwater bar in atlanta airport. People have been known to miss flights from that bar

This!! 20 oz IPAs make you wonder where your at. I haven't actually miss a flight tho

I did way too much traveling to cleveland last year but the best part of the trip was the great lakes brewing co had a location at the airport. I always made sure i got to the airport 2, 3, 4 hours early so i could spend some QUALITY time there

Tampa airport now has a brewpub (Cigar City Brewing) inside. Yes, brewing on premises. I think it's the only one of its kind. Trivia: Tampa airport was the home of the first commercial flight.

That santa rosa airport sounds great. Must be a very small airport.

Small potatoes compared to some of your examples, but while going to visit my GF in Northern Ireland last year (where she was working on a Master's), I enjoyed hitting up Jet Rock in the Philly Airport during my layover.
Had a decent tap list, but the last time I went, the 20+ oz Rye IPA and the allergy meds I was on at the time (generic Zyrtec) did not get along!
I was nearly blitzed getting on the plane, which was initially awesome (I'm not a big fan of flying and wanted to try and sleep on this overnight flight), but having a hangover halfway into the flight was uncomfortable, to say the least.
For some reason, Zyrtec and alcohol have a nasty effect on me, so I switched back to Claritin, which doesn't seem to have any negative interaction with booze!
That hangover experience on that flight clinched it for me. I couldn't believe that the equivalent of roughly 2 Two Hearted's (in volume and ABV) made me sick!

Back