Brewing Tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I am brewing tomorrow. I will make 12 gallons of my Free Hops APA. Everything is set-up and ready to go and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I am planning on taking a series of pictures to build a Brewpastor Brewing Thread.

The grain is ground, the water is all measured and all the calculations are run.

I really encourage others to use the mash volume calculator I posted months ago. It allows you to measure the volume of water in the mash tun in cm or mm using a simple measuring stick to determine how many ounces you have. NO more guessing volumes or ratios, just let it rip, until you get the right depth and call it a mash. Likewise, I have my sparge calculator that lets me know what volume will be collected if I run a certain rate of run-off for any given time. For example, I know that tomorrow I want to collect 41 ounces of run-off per minute for 60 minutes in order to get my pre-boil volume. The pre-boil volume is generated in ProMash based on my evaporation rate and system loss. It all makes for control and ease of brewing.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted, literally!

Brewpastor said:
I am brewing tomorrow. I will make 12 gallons of my Free Hops APA. Everything is set-up and ready to go and I feel like a kid before Christmas. I am planning on taking a series of pictures to build a Brewpastor Brewing Thread.

The grain is ground, the water is all measured and all the calculations are run.

I really encourage others to use the mash volume calculator I posted months ago. It allows you to measure the volume of water in the mash tun in cm or mm using a simple measuring stick to determine how many ounces you have. NO more guessing volumes or ratios, just let it rip, until you get the right depth and call it a mash. Likewise, I have my sparge calculator that lets me know what volume will be collected if I run a certain rate of run-off for any given time. For example, I know that tomorrow I want to collect 41 ounces of run-off per minute for 60 minutes in order to get my pre-boil volume. The pre-boil volume is generated in ProMash based on my evaporation rate and system loss. It all makes for control and ease of brewing.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted, literally!
It sounds all cool (I have not looked at it yet) but how does it account for things like odd shaped MLT's? Like the ones that have the wheels on them thus giving a "step" on the bottom on one end? Or some coolers have a different rad on the bottom and corners? Or like miine that the walls tapper out?

Back