First commercial beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Brewzer

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment of personal pride here to announce the release of my first commercial beer in about 45 minutes! The beer is a sour mash Berliner Weisse, named Afternoon Delight and releasing at Paradise Creek Brewery in Pullman Washington. If anyone happens to be in the area, you should definitely try it out, it's worth it! :rockin:

Brewed 7 barrels of it in the brewery with brewmaster Tom Handy a few weeks ago, which was an interesting process as neither of us had done a sour mash on that scale before. Brew day (weekend) went smoothly though, and the resulting beer is fantastic.

Not much else to add unless anyone has questions, but I felt like announcing my "baby", and this seemed like the right place!

Prost! :mug:

Untitled.jpg

Cheers man- it's amazing a professional would even allow a sour beer on their system. Most pro-am comps specify NO SOURS AND NO BRETT. Congrats!

Wow nice work man. How did you get the opportunity to do such a thing....

I got to know the brewer over the last 6 months or so and had been helping out around the brewery, helped with a couple brews, etc. I told him about this recipe and brought in a bottle just for the sake of beer, and he ended up wanting to brew it!

Cheers man- it's amazing a professional would even allow a sour beer on their system. Most pro-am comps specify NO SOURS AND NO BRETT. Congrats!

Yea I was a little surprised too, luckily this was just a sour mash so the mash tun (and plumbing) would be the only things infected, but there was a lot of chemicals ran through afterwards and it doesn't seem to have affected the batches made since. I know I would have been very apprehensive to do something like that though!

Back