Number of "breweries" in TEXAS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BREW2BREW

Reaction score
HOWDY and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I AM GETTING CONFLICTING INFORMATION.:confused:

1) HOW MANY MICRO-BREWERIES ARE THERE IN :eek:nestar:TEXAS:eek:nestar:?
NOT BREWPUBS ,BUT MICRO-BREWERIES,

NOT ALL MICRO-BREWERIES BELONG TO THE TEXAS BREWERS GUILD,,,
SO THE OTHER PLACES I LOOK ON THE NET STATE DIFFERENT NUMBERS.

2) ARE THERE ANY NEW MICRO-BREWERIES OPENING UP IN THE GREATER AUSTIN AREA????
i.e. 100-120 mile radius of Travis County ??

THANKS AND CHEERS!!

I might be missing a couple but the ones i do know of are: Jester King, Thirsty Planet, Circle Brewing, Austin Beer Works, (512) Brewing, Guadalupe Brewing, Rogness Brewing, Independence Brewing, Twisted X Brewing. That's all I've got anyone feel free to chip in if i missed one or five.

I know of

Live Oak
Adelbert's
Hops and Grains
South Austin (opened recently)

I think there are two planning on opening in Austin in 2013. I don't remember the names.

Have fun visiting them all!!!! :mug:

Coy94

To compile and add to it:
much is from the list on texas breweries wiki; however, i did add several as well. also, i take no ownership of whether some of these are fully functional or not.

(512) Brewing Company Austin
Adelbert's Brewery Austin
Alamo Beer Company San Antonio
Armadillo Ale Works Denton
Austin Beerworks Austin
Big Bend Brewing Company Alpine
Branchline Brewing Company San Antonio
Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company Houston
Cedar Creek Brewing Company Seven Points
Circle Brewing Company Austin
Community Brewing Company Dallas
Cornel's / Gulf Coast Brewing Company Beaumont
Cyclers Brewing Montgomery
Deep Ellum Brewing Company Dallas
FireWheel Brewing Company Rowlett
Fort Bend Brewing Company Missouri City
Four Corners Brewing Company Dallas
Franconia Brewing Company McKinney
Galactic Coast Brewing Company Galveston County
Guadalupe Brewing Company New Braunfels
Hops and Grain Austin
Independence Brewing Company Austin
Jester King Brewing Company Austin
Karbach Brewing Company Houston
Lakewood Brewing Company Dallas
Live Oak Brewing Company Austin
Lone Pint Brewery Magnolia
New Braunfels Brewing Company New Braunfels
New Republic Brewing Company College Station
No Label Brewing Company Katy
Old Boxcar Brewing San Antonio
Pedernales Brewing Company Fredericksburg
Peticolas Brewing Company Dallas
Rahr and Sons Brewing Company Fort Worth
Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling San Antonio
Real Ale Brewing Company Blanco
Revolver Brewing Granbury
Rogness Brewing Company Pflugerville
Saint Arnold Brewery Houston
South Austin Brewing Company Austin
Southern Star Brewing Company Conroe
Spoetzl Brewing, Inc Shiner
Texas Big Beer Brewery Buna
Texian Brewing Company Richmond
Thirsty Planet Brewing Austin
True Vine Brewing Tyler
Twisted X Brewing Company Cedar Park
Wicked Beaver Brewing Company Lubbock

Sorry for the poor formatting. It was a copy/paste job from excel.

That is the best list I have seen so far. Now I need to print it and make it a check list for having tried and toured.

*BUMP* added a few, removed "in planning" ones, tried to confirm that the list is only actually functioning production breweries.

if you find any errors or that i left anyone out, let me know, and i'll take care of it!

:mug:

/Subscribed

Thanks for putting all this together!I'm trying to head out to Rogness this weekend.

Community Beer Company in Dallas just opened in January - They have tours on Saturdays and are located just across Interstate 35 from the American Airlines Center. Kevin Carr is the owner/Pres and one hell of a guy..... I went to the grand opening on the 20th and had a great time.

ButchV12

Community Beer Company in Dallas just opened in January - They have tours on Saturdays and are located just across Interstate 35 from the American Airlines Center. Kevin Carr is the owner/Pres and one hell of a guy..... I went to the grand opening on the 20th and had a great time.

ButchV12

And Jamie Fulton (The Covey, multiple GABF awards in the past) is the brewer; not too bad of a cast!

:rockin:

If we are going to mention names:

Kevin Carr: Homebrewed for 15 years. His passion led him to tour different breweries across the U.S., and research the feasibility of a brewery in Dallas. “I bring the business, finance and marketing expertise. I’ve been in business for myself for 20 years.”

Jamie Fulton: Head Brewer. He spent the last two years consulting for, and installing, multiple brew systems all over the world, and he brings this expertise to building Community’s system. He actually helped Lakewood and Deep Ellum breweries with their installations. “We are fortunate to have found him because he is one of the more technical brewers out there. His pedigree speaks for itself. He used to own The Covey. While there he built a strong following and won over 10 national awards with his beers. He is bringing a couple of those recipes to Community Beer Company.”

Aric Hulsey: Assistant Brewer to Jamie at The Covey, then brewed down in Austin and came back up to Dallas for Community Beer Company. “Aric is a seasoned brewer, a hard worker and a great part of our team. He also has a background in microbiology, which is a huge asset as not only a brewer, but in our lab as well.”

Mike DeMarco: Account Services. Mike – or “DeMarco” as everyone calls him, knows the bar business very well. He has owned his own successful bar, and knows everyone in the local industry. He’s a great asset for us as we cultivate new accounts.

I loved The Covey when I lived in Ft. Worth. Good luck to Community! Hopefully they'll distribute to Houston someday.

We are opening Busted Sandal Brewing Company in San Antonio this May. We are currently in construction but will be accepting delivery of our 10 BBL brewhouse at the end of March.

Take a moment to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook if you are interested in updates on our status.

Thanks,
Rob

Pretty sure "Texian brewing company" is still in planning. I drive by that place often and it always seems like no one is there.

Also, if I remember correct New Republic Brewing company is set up for "The Republic" steakhouse in College Station and exclusively sells to them.

Budvar said:
Also, if I remember correct New Republic Brewing company is set up for "The Republic" steakhouse in College Station and exclusively sells to them.

That is incorrect. New Republic Brewing is different and not related to The Republic steakhouse. The Republic has or is going to set up a small brewing system of their own.

Do they even sell around BCS? I lived up there for two years and have never seen a bar in the area that sold them.

Do they even sell around BCS? I lived up there for two years and have never seen a bar in the area that sold them.

I know they do. I don't know where though. They started up right after I moved away from BCS.

Back