Do you think it's still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eighty2Fifty1

Reaction score
I've been out of town for the last 7 months or so and I have a corny keg that's about 1/3 full of a porter I brewed some time in October. It was only 5.5% ABV or so, but I'm wondering if it's still good. The keg is still holding pressure, and it was always on CO2, so I doubt it would have oxidized much. I threw it in the kegerator to cool just now and I'm going to try it tomorrow as see what happens. How do you guys think it's going to taste?

I did. This one was more like a vacation though. Japan, S. Korea and Guam. I sure did miss my beer, although I could find some Sierra Nevada in Guam. It would be nice if this keg didn't taste like total crap. My first batch since coming home is just about ready for the keg, and I already polished off the 12 pack of scotch ale I had set aside.

Welcome home and thank you for your service to our country! Sounds like a nice deployment but there is nothing better than getting back home.

Drink that Porter. I think the time since you brewed it will make it better. I could be wrong but doubt it. :)

The 31st meu blows. Spent a year there with 2/1. You know a Sgt. Koczan, he's my boy from back in the day.

8251. I knew it sounded familiar, kind of like 1010 is our friend. P3 FE I believe. Good on you! An AT FE taught me more about the T-56 engine than most mechs I knew could.

8251. I knew it sounded familiar. P3 FE I believe. Good on you! An AT FE taught me more about the T-56 engine than most mechs I knew could.

I was hoping someone on this board would catch that. That's where my brewery name comes from too. The 288 bulkhead on the P-3 is where the flight station starts.

If you're up in Woodbey (sp) you might know a Masterchief, last name Jenkins or the Barnetts. Probably not, they're probably all retired ny now.

Doesn't ring a bell. You know any Trinkles down there in Hanford? They run a crop dusting business out there.

I was hoping someone on this board would catch that. That's where my brewery name comes from too. The 288 bulkhead on the P-3 is where the flight station starts.

I was a jet guy for a little over half my 26 year Navy career. Spent some years with P-3s and some on LC-130s. I think the bulkhead that you are speaking of was around 290 on a Herc. I'm probably wrong.

Best of luck to you in your career. FEs, will make a squadron maintenace department better or destroy it. Depends on the man or woman for that matter.

I don't know either. Been retired a few years and losing touch.

Best of luck to you in your Navy career 8251!

BTW.. is the, what was it P5? Still in the works to replace P-3's?

When I left the community the HONA factor was crippling to flight hour limitiations.. still that way?

VP-16 just took delivery of their first P-8. A Boeing 737 that has no position for an FE or IFT. We're a little bit bitter about losing our jobs, but the mighty Orion has a few more years left in her.

On a side note, I just tried that beer. It's got a tiny bit of off flavor that I can't place, but overall, pretty good. A bit undercarbonated but nothing a twist of the pressure regulator can't fix.

VP-16 just took delivery of their first P-8. A Boeing 737 that has no position for an FE or IFT. We're a little bit bitter about losing our jobs, but the mighty Orion has a few more years left in her.

On a side note, I just tried that beer. It's got a tiny bit of off flavor that I can't place, but overall, pretty good. A bit undercarbonated but nothing a twist of the pressure regulator can't fix.

Glad to hear the beer is still doing well. Any idea what the Navy's plans for FE's are in the future?

And 5 beers later, I can confirm that it's still got alcohol in it...

Yep, can't imagine the alcohol going away! :mug:

We have the option to do rate conversions when it comes time for PTS, a few guys have put in to convert to AWO and be a tube rat. The EP-3's will be around for a lot longer, so they'll still need FE's, along with the C-130's and E-6's. I'm trying to put in for the STA-21 commissioning program and go NFO, since I'm a little too old for pilot; but if I don't get it I'll probably hang on, maybe take the rate conversion when it's forced on me, but I figure I can get at least another 10 years in the center seat.

Back