Colemans 2 burner Camping Stove

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus

Reaction score
Going to be trying this out tommorow. Mother-in-law uses it for canning in the summer. Each Burner has 25,000 btu's. SO it should be perfect. Will have it set up on top a sturdy wooden table that will support me standing on it. Tipping 235lbs right now so it should be able to support a partial boil. Although you could split it between 2 pots to do a full. Just dont have wort chiller yet. Still doing extracts. Anyways I will send a report back to tell you all how it went. If all goes well it is an alternative to a turkey fryer. Although it does sell for around $99. Also willl be joining in Ed's aplfein (sp?) day.

Just 2.5 gallons. I will just follow the directions. I had a problem reaching boil on my first go around on stove top. So I was going turkey fryer route. Then I seen she had this so I figured why not lets try it out. You hook it up to a full propane tank, not one of the little ones. Sounds like a jet engine when it is on full blast. Just cant wait to brew tommorow.

I use a Coleman PowerHouse Camping stove that has two burners as well and it works fine for full boil AG batches.

It's a little different than most of the Coleman camp stoves however. Each "burner" has an inner and outer ring that are independently controlled. The large pot is 15 gallon, BTW

P1010103.JPG

The coleman I have is only like a table top model. You got a real nice one there. The view too.

I use a Coleman PowerHouse Camping stove that has two burners as well and it works fine for full boil AG batches.

It's a little different than most of the Coleman camp stoves however. Each "burner" has an inner and outer ring that are independently controlled. The large pot is 15 gallon, BTW

P1010103.JPG

How many BTU's does each burner on that bad boy push?

All right this thing worked out perfect. Didnt take too long at all to bring 2.5 gallons to a boil. Just had to play around with the flame a little to find right setting. After that though smooth sailing. Much better time brewing this go around from the 1st time using the stove. I actually got a boil going this time. Did a Killians style Irish red ale and already have active bubbles.

If you want to go with a different set-up than a turkey fryer. This is the way to go. Mine was not like the one in the pictures above, it was a table top model. Something worth looking into.

Back