I think wheat beer is growing on me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberjackJohn

Reaction score
Man, thanks to this hobby, I am discovering things I never thought I would like. This New Belgium Sunshine Wheat is really growing on me. The first bottle was decent, but too....tangy for lack of a better word, for me. Now that I am on my fourth bottle (not in the same day!), I can't even taste that tang anymore, and I actually enjoy the beer! I do think I enjoy it more after it has warmed up though. God bless this hobby for opening my eyes!

Before I knew anything about beer I was content to drink Budweiser, but now that I know about the wide world of beers, I cant drink something that actually has character to it!

Wheat beer is the REASON I got into homebrewing. I first tasted wheat beer at a local pub that had over 100 taps and one heck of a variety. I discovered I really loved the wheat but in 1986 you could not find specialty beers like that at the local beer stores. So - I decided to brew my own.

I have made MANY hefe-wizen and other wheat varieties since then - and I love them all. Here was my last batch of wheat:

c2157.jpg

Back