What to brew for my wedding?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am getting married April 3rd 2011. The Venue where my reception is at has agreed to allow me to bring a case a home brew. So... My question is. What should I brew? I have no idea what to do. I cannot commit to a style even. What yall think?

:confused:

i would brew something light, and something dark. a majority of people are still a fan of light lagers. in my opinion, a nice kolsch, pale ale, or a flavorful porter.

make a real big beer with high ABV and save a bunch for anniversaries. i think when i come to that day, ill try and do that. brew a bunch, share some with the wedding party and keep the rest for aging.

brew a IIPA, and drink it all yourself! Your wedding night is your night, brew what you like to drink and dont worry about how it will go over with the crowd. They can always get a bud light at the cash only bar!!!

I brewed a Pliny The Elder clone for our wedding. It was gone VERY fast. Needless to say, there were a few intoxicated people, myself included.

Brew what YOU like and have alternatives. We also had Yeungling and Lord Chesterfield on hand if you didn't want a IIPA.

i brewed bier muncher's centennial blonde and a I also brewed a coriander and orange peel blue mooney style beer... both were very popular. Brew what you want to drink as this may be the only decision you truly get to make for that day...

I'm brewing for my sisters wedding next June, and am going with a wheat (recipe from a pro brewer friend) and a pale (probably the Haus).

Well you only have 1 case to brew up...lol. I am in the same boat as you but 1 month later. I will be brewing (along with both mothers, they make the wines) all but one 1/2bbl of the beer.

I will be forced into buying a 1/2bbl of Bud light, against my will. My best man is convinced that he is allergic to all beers except BL... :rolleyes:

But we will be having:

1 - 1/2 bbl of my "yellow fizzy" if the next brew days batch turns out.
1 - 1/4 bbl of my SWMBO wheat
1 - 1/6 bbl of an IIPA
1 - 1/6 bbl of a stout (probably an oatmeal)
and
1 - 1/4 bbl of sparkling apfelwien
1 - 5 gallons of a sweet white grape wine.

I brewed a batch of "Diving Pelican Ale". It was supposed to be a beach wedding, but thanks to BP and the oil spill that didn't happen, so we moved it to north GA mountains. But the Diving Pelican was a huge hit.

Here is the kit I used.
http://store.homebrewden.com/diving-pelican-ale-recipe-kit-p239.aspx

As the American-styled member of the light ale family, this beer features some new American hop varieties and some new American yeast strains that set it apart from other light ales. With some citrus and floral hop character, this beer gives you all of the fun of hoppy beers - just with a little less kick.

My thought was I wanted an ALE light enough that the normal 'Bud Light" drinkers would give it a try. They did, they loved it. There was none left LOL

Ahh go for a Belgian Quad get all the brides maids tippys.

Heh this would be ideal for his Groomsman! :)

i brewed bier muncher's centennial blonde and a I also brewed a coriander and orange peel blue mooney style beer... both were very popular. Brew what you want to drink as this may be the only decision you truly get to make for that day...
Amen! You have to brew what YOU would want to drink. If you enjoy it, others will too. Unless it's a quad russian imperial stout aged on oak and freeze distilled, then you may run into trouble.

Mead, for the "Honey Moon".
I did this as well and it went over well with those who drank it.

The first thing that came to mind was a Bitchy Blonde. But I think a pale ale or something light for those who only drink Bud, Miller, Etc. And something you want to drink all night. Also brewing a big ABV beer for anniversaries is a great idea.

Back