flip top bottle style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival178

Reaction score
I just received 12 16oz flip top beer bottles(EZ Cap). I'm about to brew my first batch tomorrow, I'm wondering how these style of bottles hold up to the traditional cap bottles.

Matt

I have two cases of those bottles and they have worked very well for me. I have used each of them several times, which reminds me that I need to replace the grommets on them next time I use them..

They are far easier to use imho. You do need to periodically change the rubber gasket/washer/grommet/doodad. I have used my set for three or four batches and they are holding up very well.

Is it true that the flip top bottles that are sold at lhbs are not that great quality? I have a couple of grolsch bottles, and love them. Wanted to pick some up. I know they are expensive. I think $25 for a dozen? I have seen posts saying they are not great??

Is it true that the flip top bottles that are sold at lhbs are not that great quality? I have a couple of grolsch bottles, and love them. Wanted to pick some up. I know they are expensive. I think $25 for a dozen? I have seen posts saying they are not great??

They are not as solid as the Grolsch bottles, but not as thin as some of the 12oz bottles I have used.

I would recommend seeing if their is a bar around you that sells Grolsch and seeing if they would keep the empties for you.

Back