Amradillo Eggs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Made up some Armadillo Eggs........What are Armadillo Eggs? Glad you asked.

Fresh jalapeno's from the garden stuffed with a cream cheese, onion, garlic, chive mix, wrapped in ground veal, and crusted in bread crumb/corn meal mix. 30 mins on the grill. Some celery and blue cheese with a fresh hop garnish and a glass of Clown Killer IPA. Now that's a good lunch!

1000728_10200264514684641_1492934300_n.jpg

1001807_10200264516964698_1037927426_n.jpg

There is a variation on this I like a lot. Mix venison with pork sausage leave out the breading and cook them slowly on a smoker. Careful though you will want to eat them tell you are sick.

Yea, I think the "true" way to make them is with sausage, but I'm not a huge sausage fan, so I used ground veal/meatloaf mix that I season myself. The seasoning they put in sausage always seems to overwhelm the rest of the flavors.

Made up some Armadillo Eggs........What are Armadillo Eggs? Glad you asked.

Fresh jalapeno's from the garden stuffed with a cream cheese, onion, garlic, chive mix, wrapped in ground veal, and crusted in bread crumb/corn meal mix. 30 mins on the grill. Some celery and blue cheese with a fresh hop garnish and a glass of Clown Killer IPA. Now that's a good lunch!

1000728_10200264514684641_1492934300_n.jpg

1001807_10200264516964698_1037927426_n.jpg
Fresh hops as a garnish. ...I like your style.

Yea, I think the "true" way to make them is with sausage, but I'm not a huge sausage fan, so I used ground veal/meatloaf mix that I season myself. The seasoning they put in sausage always seems to overwhelm the rest of the flavors.

I think the ground veal sounds great. Was not trying to say it should be done different. I have come across a lot of variations with the same name. The only ones I did not think qualified were just a battered and deep fried pepper. I do think the slow cooking on a smoker takes them to the next level though.

I like making blue cheese dessing with small curd cottage cheese & a wedge of goat's milk blue. I forget which country uses what milk atm. Half a wedge of blue crumbled into a blender with the cottage cheese & buzz till well blended at lowest speed possible. Crumble remaining blue cheese into dressing in a bowl & fold to mix. This dressing has such a fresher taste to it than store bought! The cottage cheese really perks up the flavor of the blue.Cover with plastic wrap in the fridge the morning of the intended meal. I'd def smoke those lil suckers with some ash wood for a light side of medium smoke flavor. Don't wanna overpower the veal with something like oak.

Back