Beer brewing calendar...brew what, when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
If you want your Maibock ready in May you need to brew it far enough in advance (maybe December). Obv brew a Marzen in March. Brew your Oktoberfest such that it's ready by September (when it really starts). Perhaps a Pils so it's ready by Mardi Gras (hoppy and light to go with copious quantities of spicy Cajun food :rockin:). A Stout to be ready by St. Patrick's Day. And so on.

I'm trying to come up with essential brews for each month so I can plan ahead. Since I live in Florida and maintaining decent ale ferment temps during summer is tricky...I'll probably brew more Belgians and lagers during June/July/August.

What are some others? Do you have certain seasonal brews?

Since I live in Florida and maintaining decent ale ferment temps during summer is tricky...I'll probably brew more Belgians and lagers during June/July/August.

Hm? You say ale temps are tricky but have no probs with lagers during the summer? If you have some sort of temp controller (fridge, freezer, etc.), ale temps shouldn't be an issue either.

Märzen/Oktoberfest in March for September/October
Maibock in December/January/Feb for May
Pils, Helles, Dunkel usually year round.
Hefeweizen mostly for the summer (traditionally) in some areas but also year round

I brew a winter warmer in Sept. for consumption around Christmas
Although winter where I live is really only like 2 weeks in Jan.

Yes Dan...I have an old hand-me-down fridge with temp controller. I could use it for ales too but I was just figuring since I'm using the fridge I might as well make it a lager and make my ales Belgians that like the higher temps. Def a possibility though.

Back