Complain about your wife/girlfriend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait until the woman you complain about find this thread. Then you'll be complaining that you're sleeping on your sofa. ;)

I used to complain to her about it a bunch, so she knows. She just doesn't change. I just stopped calling her. Funny part is, I don't think she even noticed. Meh, whatever. After all the other crazy chicks I've dated, if this is the worst I have to complain about after almost three years, I've got it pretty good. I make sure I remember that.

My wife getting home from the brewstore for me "Hey honey, I remember you saying something about needing a new kettle thermometer so I picked up one of those up for you too even though it wasn't on your list".

So annoying.

sonofgrok said:
My wife getting home from the brewstore for me "Hey honey, I remember you saying something about needing a new kettle thermometer so I picked up one of those up for you too even though it wasn't on your list".

So annoying.

U guys suck.

She walks slowly. Sooooooooo slowly. Instead of speeding up when we walk together, she makes me slow down. I hate it.

bought the ol' lady a day care in 04.
fooking place has been a bum run ever since!!
i pour 8-12K a year into the effin place so she can boast that she is a private business owner and is anchored to a failing business while i want to travel and enjoy life..hey any single wimmen out there?LOL......now you know why I BREW!! fook:rockin:'em

GD51:tank:

My GF never answers her phone. I'll call and get her voicemail, and usually she'll call back about an hour later. Sometimes not. She doesn't do it on purpose, just turns the volume down to the vibration, then drops it in her purse. Doesn't hear it, doesn't feel it. Realistically, it's a minor irritation to me. But what really sent me over the edge on day was when she didn't answer her phone after dropping of a LOT of job applications. Seriously, turn the effing volume up. You may be getting a callback on a job.:mad:

I don't think her phone was in her purse and I expect she really wanted you to keep calling.

Bwahahaha At least he brought donuts home ;)

My pet peeve with my wife is similar to this. She never answers her phone! We can be texting and when I get tired of texting and just call, she doesn't answer? Really??? the phone is in your hand! you are sending me a text!!! You can't answer it?!?!?!

This means something different in this thread :ban:

fooking "A", mine does the same never answers the phone until the 4th call kinda makes ya wonder if shes giving some sugar to jody!:)
ain't married life grand?

Is it bad I don't answer my phone at all and judge if I should call back by if you leave a voicemail

gizmodog51 said:
fooking "A", mine does the same never answers the phone until the 4th call kinda makes ya wonder if shes giving some sugar to jody!:)
ain't married life grand?

F***in Jody

Mine is late to everything....seriously. The last two times we've gone on vacation we've damn near missed our flights. Last week we showed up to the airport 20 mins before our flight left and had to run through security. Glad MKE has moving sidewalks now. I didn't speak to her the whole 2 hr flight.

My wife's freaking awesome, but can be a stubborn b!#%h sometimes. Anyone else?

Yesterday she was nagging about me taking a break from drinking. I drink ONE beer a night after work 4-5 nights a week.

When she drinks (all my dank beer mind you) she almost always has enough to get drunk. So it's not every night, but she can never only have one.

Super annoying! I've found some academic resources citing the positive health benefits of having a drink a night... hopefully that'll shut her up ;)

Mine refuses to acknowledge that I exist and when directly questioned about our relationship said "what's your name again?". wtf?

Sonofgrok you depressing bastard. I hope you and your wife get in a car accident. Nothing serious, but you both get really bad whiplash.

1)Put dinner on the stove...go up stairs and do her hair...turns the stove off when the smoke alarm goes off...scrapes the food outa the pan and puts it on the table...smelling like charcoal...on the upside,this is how I know when the smoke alarm needs new batteries!LOL
2)Never puts more than $20 gas in the car...usually drives mine empty when I fill it.
3) thinks that being some place at 7:30 means leaving the house at 7:29

been married 20 yrs...it aint gonna change.....and yes I'd do it over again!

My wife is awesome with all the beer stuff. But she loves fruit. If she goes shopping with me we will get more fruit than anything else. The problem is that she never eats all of it. And spoiled fruit means fruit flies. They are the bane of my brewing existence.

One other thing is she never puts egg shells in the trash. They are in cups or bowls or anything but the trash. Ever tried getting stuck on egg shell out of your favorite beer glass? It's like cement.

But she encourages me in all things brewing and is the best cook I have ever met. I wonder what bad thing she might say about me :)

+1 for her always being late. From six years in the Navy, I get cold sweats if I'm not five minutes early to anything, so I'm constantly pissed off whenever we have to go anywhere together. And when it's us plus our two boys (6 & 8), oh God save us. The little vein over my right eye is doing overtime, I can assure you.

I have a lot of complaints about your wives and girlfriends. Namely, I aint getting anything off any of them. Bitches.

+1 for her always being late. From six years in the Navy, I get cold sweats if I'm not five minutes early to anything, so I'm constantly pissed off whenever we have to go anywhere together. And when it's us plus our two boys (6 & 8), oh God save us. The little vein over my right eye is doing overtime, I can assure you.

I have learned to always tell my wife any appointment or reservation we have is 30 minutes earlier than what it actually is, so that we get there somewhat on time.

I have learned to always tell my wife any appointment or reservation we have is 30 minutes earlier than what it actually is, so that we get there somewhat on time.

I tried that...even set all the clocks in the car and house ahead...she figured it out and compensated!!LOL

I'd kill a man for one bj a week! For all of you waiting for a complaint, here ya go. Im going on a business trip tomorrow and needed to get some laundry done. Wife wont let me do laundry cause she doesnt like the way i do it. So she jumps in and does a load. That load finishes and its time for another. She says, "take the clothes out of the dryer and put them in the basket. Then take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. I'll be there in a minute to start another load." I did as told. When that load finished and i was removing clothes from the dryer, she walked in and started yelling at me for putting her clothes in the dryer. She fvckin told me to!!!!! Sometimes i cant win for losing. If i do what she says, im wrong. If i dont do what she says, im wrong. Fml!

Com'on people... your disappointments are all due to over expectation. Would you expect your dog to build a house? No... he is a dog. So why expect amazing things from your wife?... she is a woman. Be happy for what you get.

Come home from a nice rain filled 12 hrs workday to see a giant hole in my backyard and ask my wife what the he'll happened. Apparently that was code for jump my s and berate me about how she can't control the dog and no she didn't do anything in the house today.

I just wooosahed a few times and watched snf haven't spoken most of the night. Sad to say it's been pleasant for right now.

I think I got me a keeper GF. Doesn't ***** about my room smelling like hops and booze all the damn time, doesn't complain when I have to go to bed early for a hunting or fishing trip in the morning, has the sex drive of a man, not the jealous type, likes micro brews and the stuff I brew (as long as it's a porter, stout, or cider) and likes my buddies. Of course, there's always gotta be that one bugaboo to ***** about, and that would be her anxiety. I'm more of a laid back type of guy and she's so high strung and worried about everything sometimes that it almost stresses me out! Just planning out a camping trip one time, I had to tell her "Look, were going camping, not sky diving. If all our **** isn't completely in order or forget something, it's not the end of the world, we'll compromise." But that's about it.

Haha, speaking of everyone having that one complaint, I have a buddy who's fiance is really the perfect match for him. We kept bugging him to find his one complaint about her, and at his bachelor party his response was "Alright. My only complaint is that she wont let me put it in her butt.".... Guess we shouldn't have pressed him so hard for finding something wrong with her, lol.

Usually when a buddy of ours is about to give us far too much information about their sex lives or body parts they tend to start the sentence with "you're a guy right?" or for my wife "you're a woman, right?" I guess I can complain that my wife usually falls for it.

I recognize that you need to talk about it, but no, I dont really think its necessary for me to know what you and your wife have a firefighter/french maid outfit or how that translated to your halloween night last year. I simply dont want to look at your wife and get that picture in my head. She works with children for pete's sake.

CodyA said:
I think I got me a keeper GF. Doesn't ***** about my room smelling like hops and booze all the damn time, doesn't complain when I have to go to bed early for a hunting or fishing trip in the morning, has the sex drive of a man, not the jealous type, likes micro brews and the stuff I brew (as long as it's a porter, stout, or cider) and likes my buddies. Of course, there's always gotta be that one bugaboo to ***** about, and that would be her anxiety. I'm more of a laid back type of guy and she's so high strung and worried about everything sometimes that it almost stresses me out! Just planning out a camping trip one time, I had to tell her "Look, were going camping, not sky diving. If all our **** isn't completely in order or forget something, it's not the end of the world, we'll compromise." But that's about it.

Haha, speaking of everyone having that one complaint, I have a buddy who's fiance is really the perfect match for him. We kept bugging him to find his one complaint about her, and at his bachelor party his response was "Alright. My only complaint is that she wont let me put it in her butt.".... Guess we shouldn't have pressed him so hard for finding something wrong with her, lol.

That last part....is a good thing

Yea, we all kind of gave him the TMI look. I think he got the hint at least, haha.

I think the most ironic complaint about a wife or girlfriend I have heard came from my dad's friend when I was a kid. It was that after he taught her how to shoot, she became a better shot than him. The ironic part is that after him shooting at her 4 times with an AK-47 in a domestic dispute, she fired once and hit him in the heart with her .38, killing him, back in '05. We're all pretty sure he wasn't trying to hit her and did it as a suicide, but I remember my dad saying "Oh man, I can't wait to see him when I pass on and give him sh*t about her still being the better shot."

Wow, what a depressing story.

I thought of another one--my wife is constantly taking pictures, of everything. Every meal, every goofy face the kids make, every science experiment, every sunset, and on and on and on. I get it, memories are fun, but not when there are 80,000 pictures on the computer and it takes three weeks to look through them all. And she never bothers to go through and get rid of the mediocre ones, so you've got to sift through 15 pictures for every good one you find. Plus, no matter where we go, she always wants to get multiple pictures of the entire family standing in front of this or that. I feel like I've got the GD paparazzi on my tail!

My gf is ALWAYS late, no matter what. She gets sidetracked with everything she does and it drives me insane. However, she is great in the bedroom (i feel horrible for the "bj sunday guy") and we rarely argue or fight.

My gf is ALWAYS late, no matter what. She gets sidetracked with everything she does and it drives me insane. However, she is great in the bedroom (i feel horrible for the "bj sunday guy") and we rarely argue or fight.

Notice that you say "GF", not wife.

Come back after 10-20 years of marriage and let us know how you feel.

Wow, what a depressing story.

I thought of another one--my wife is constantly taking pictures, of everything. Every meal, every goofy face the kids make, every science experiment, every sunset, and on and on and on. I get it, memories are fun, but not when there are 80,000 pictures on the computer and it takes three weeks to look through them all. And she never bothers to go through and get rid of the mediocre ones, so you've got to sift through 15 pictures for every good one you find. Plus, no matter where we go, she always wants to get multiple pictures of the entire family standing in front of this or that. I feel like I've got the GD paparazzi on my tail!

My wife does the same thing. The camera had to come out at every family gathering. I would sigh and give her **** about it every time. May dad passed away three years ago and all I have is those pictures and I cherish every one, even the lousy ones. I wish I had more. I never give her **** about it anymore...

Yeah, I wife takes the camera and makes ME take pictures!

Then again, she takes some crappy photos, so maybe it's for the best. How hard is it to hold still until the shutter closes?

She is doing better now. She has discovered that I don't take enough pictures and lo and behold, she is improving with practice!

Back