New Homebrew Shop in Plainfield,IL - Chicago Brew Werks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shop - known the owner for a year now... great to see this up and running - definitely my go to shoppe from now on out.

GREAT selection of grain --- stuff most local shops don't carry + 1.99 per pound on all grain! I know he has big plans... very passionate craft beer owner and brewer.

John.

brandon is very knowledgeable and has a great selection. i stopped by (i live 4hrs away, was visiting some friends) to pick up my first AG ingredients and a stainless kettle. he took a lot of time and set me up nicely - explained everything, printed out a recipe for me... a homebrew store in it for the right reasons. i was extremely impressed - too bad i'm 4 hrs away!

I just want to throw it out there again and thank Brando at Chicago Brew Werks! I contacted him for a 2nd recipe last week. He hooked me up with some rare hops, put together my whole recipe, crushed it, and sent it out to me! Great customer service, I'll keep coming back! (my local HBS is horrible, they have almost nothing, are very expensive, and don't act like they know what they're talking about - so i'll keep coming back to Brew Werks)
If you're in the area of Plainfield, IL - check them out!

I'll check it out this week. lhbs is closed this week. Already got plans for the 4th but need some ingredients so I can brew on vacation. It looks like they have wyeast from their website. Getting sick of whitelabs exploding soda bottle b.s.

Is limestone brewing still there? According to their website they moved.

holy crap.. how did I not know this was there!! I live literally across from this place.

Limestone is gone. They are moving to Aurora. I'll definitely have to stop at this place since I plan on brewing my first batch soon.

Brandon is closed for the next week as he is doing some remodeling of the shop. He should be up and running again by July 12th. Defenitely the best LHBS around. He is a great guy and has a great selection. For those of you not around Plainfield IL, he sells online too, so instead of going to Northern or Austin, go to Chicago Brew Werks!

Stopped in Saturday and have to say they are more the helpful
I highly recommend this place, Brandon even gave me his cell number and said call anytime with a question.
Told me about local homebrew meetings etc....

I plan on stopping in again this week to pick up more supplies, wish I had found them 6 months ago!

Brandon is a super helpful and nice guy. But I was very disappointed overall at my last trip because the grain selection was lacking (out of stock on basic items) and you couldn't browse any aisles since they're now pick-up only. I'm just a browsing type shopper. Oh well. So customer service is a huge A+ but sadly the shop itself could use improvement.

The county won't let him have retail sales in that location, so the "internet buy instore pick up" is his way around that. He does plan to move to a new location where he can have full retail again. Keep supporting him as that is what will allow him to move to a new store front sooner.

As long as you have an idea of what you want (a recipe) I'm sure he can help you out. He had everything I needed to brew Yooper's Dead Guy Ale (I already had pacman yeast)
Send him an email before you stop in.

I just bought a kit from him for my first ever brew. He was VERY helpful and answered all my questions. I will be going back to him for my next batch for sure!

Back