What do you do with your White Labs vials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recycling is the environmentally conscious thing to do. But my wife thinks they're cute, so I keep 'em for historicity's sake.

I saved one for a long time with the intent to use it to store small screws in, but then made the mistake of smelling it after it sat. I just toss 'em.

I'm saving up for the 60 vial sweatshirt, but I'll probably give in at 15 for the glassware.

Ooh I was going saving them for yeast harvesting/storage, but I didn't know I could get free stuff out of them. WIN!

The owner of my LHBS gave me a great idea last week. Smuggle booze into sporting events, like hockey games. They hold a couple of ounces of your favorite spirit and won't show up on metal detectors. Just slip a few into the breast pocket of your jacket, buy an overpiced coke at the concession stand and bob's your uncle. So you pay 4 bucks for a coke, as opposed to 8 for a bud or 12 for a mixed drink.

The hoarder in me says to hold onto them but common sense tells me to recycle them.
But now that i've seen that you can turn them in for "rewards" I might have to save them!

I have 82 of them at the moment. More than enough for the sweatshirt, but I'm debating getting the BYO subscription instead and waiting to get the sweatshirt. But yeah, customer club goodies for me

Ooh I was going saving them for yeast harvesting/storage, but I didn't know I could get free stuff out of them. WIN!

Looks like you can send in only the labels to get stuff. So I guess that would be a win - win.

To redeem your empty vials, please download and complete the form above and return to us with the vials. (Feel free to take the labels off the vials, and send the labels in only, as this will save you postage). You must include $5 for shipping and handling for any item other than the free yeast vial coupon.

Looks like you can send in only the labels to get stuff. So I guess that would be a win - win.

Yeah, you can send in just the labels. I've never been able to get the residue off of the bottles though. I'm going to try acetone tonight.

Goo-Gone gets the adhesive off the vials.

Tap handle, Check.
Temp probe holder for keezer, Check.
Give to friends so they "Put their weed in it!" Check

I totally dig the smuggle in the alcohol. Gonna try that on my next cross-country flight.

B

Good question, I keep planning to pull out a shot glass and see how many I can get in there. But the shots keep missing the testube and somehow heding directly to my mouth for some strange reason.

airplane1213112.jpg

Back