Combo Fermentation chamber/Keezer help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigvu

Reaction score
So I'm really getting tired of bottling, and am looking to move into kegging my beers. With space very limited in my new condo I was thinking of building something themed like the Fermoire: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/fermoire-45567/ that looks like a piece of furniture, but also serves my brewing needs (SWMBO demands). I'd like to build a combo unit that would serve as both a fermentation chamber and a kegerator. I don't brew too much (rarely secondary my beers), and space is really limited, so I was thinking of building something that would hold 1 carboy and 2 corny kegs, with 2 taps. I feel like I've searched pretty well here and on google, but I haven't seen anything like this attempted. Anyone have thoughts? I think the basic coolant method would be via a stripped out dorm fridge on the keg side, with a fan in the divider between kegerator and ferm chamber to provide cooler air to ferm when needed. each side would need its own temp controller. This would probably double as some sort of china cabinet or decorative piece in the living room.

Is this possible?

i have an idea...
get something like this
41RFXZ3ZDEL._AA260_.jpg

not the cheapest, of course, but imagine using the bottom cabinet, insulating it, and shoving a doorless mini fridge into it, kinda like what alot of guys here do for their ferm chambers, kinda like this example

maybe going overkill, but if you can meld those 2 projects, I think you have a winner. granted, im probably just telling you what you had already wanted to do.

absolutely something I had in mind. Thinking I could beer me something off of Craigslist that's the right size, then "adapt" to my needs. Weight would be an issue if the lowest level were high up. could reinforce the bottom panels if need be though without too much trouble. For those of you who have built ferm chambers or keezers, how much condensation builds up? Would have to have a way to control that.

Back