Keezer Coolant Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaw237

Reaction score
I am working on a homemade keezer project. I received a free medium sized fridge and have since bent back the freezer tray and rewired the thermometer. The next two steps involve modifying the walls, but I am nervous about hitting a coolant line. I am looking to drill a hole in the top for the tower and to shave down the sides to fit two 1/6ish size kegs. I am almost certain the whole thing is cooled by a freezer tray. I look at the tubing coming out of the compressor and have felt around it when it is running full speed. I was wondering if there was any way to test this for sure. I uploaded a photo of the front. I can upload the back when I get home. Any opinions or help is appreciated. (Minus telling me to go out and buy a different/bigger fridge) Thanks all.

533452_10102836939023344_9376901_92146251_2113603663_n.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

try the alcohol and corn starch trick on the top. The is where you mix rubbing alcohol and corn starch and paint it on the top of the fridge turned off. Then turn the fridge on and let it run. It should evaporate faster if there are lines on top do to heat generator. If you see nothing the next step would be to drill your hole VERY slowly. If you don/t mind having a perfect hole which you will not ever see use metal snips and cut the top out using that. Then once that is done slowly and carefully pick out the foam till you either hit a line or find the inside of the fridge

I would also bet that unit cools entirely by the cold plate. And looking at the pic it appears both the goes-into and comes-outta lines go directly to the back wall. As long as you can locate the condenser coil somewhere in the back or bottom, that should mean the sides and top are clear.

btw, that model number doesn't map to anything on the avantiproducts.com site...

Cheers!

You should see the manual they sent me. I think cave drawings would have been more useful.

Shaw, how did this work out? I have had this same fridge for years and am looking to do a Kegerator as well. I am thinking it will only fit one Corny keg, but wasn't sure. Did you go with a Tower tap out the top?

I appreciate your feedback!

I am also curious. I just acquired this fridge and i have the shelf unscrewed/bent down. I saw there were screws in the door for the shelving - Im debating popping that plastic part off and replacing it with some white board panel or something. Any followup posts/experience would be appreciated!

I am also curious. I just acquired this fridge and i have the shelf unscrewed/bent down. I saw there were screws in the door for the shelving - Im debating popping that plastic part off and replacing it with some white board panel or something. Any followup posts/experience would be appreciated!

How did you work out on this? I also just got this fridge. When bending the shelf down, how did you avoid kicking the line?

Back