Madison Squre Garden keg room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first that seemed crazy to me, but then I realized it is much more efficient to have ridiculously long beer lines, but be able to store all the kegs in one spot. The servers probably never even know when a keg is switched out.

It's cool right up to the point that you remember those kegs are fully of Miller Lite, and they charge like $10 for a paper - cupful. Think what an army of real brewers could do with that set up...

Most of them are, true. But I'm happy to report that MSG has an awesome beer selection. Expensive as hell, but at least I can get a good beer while watching a Rangers game!

I was more surprised to learn that they are carbonating in the keg rather than simply just pumping the beer to and fro and inline carbonating at the serving point.

Most of them are, true. But I'm happy to report that MSG has an awesome beer selection. Expensive as hell, but at least I can get a good beer while watching a Rangers game!

Curious about this (Islanders and not a basketball fan so I don't really get there often/ever). What beer do they serve?

I was more surprised to learn that they are carbonating in the keg rather than simply just pumping the beer to and fro and inline carbonating at the serving point.

Where did it say this? I am sure the kegs are carbonated already when received just like at any other location. CO2 is just used to push the beer to the taps.

Where did it say this? I am sure the kegs are carbonated already when received just like at any other location. CO2 is just used to push the beer to the taps.

Yes, but we are talking about taps that are hundreds of feet away in line length. To "push" beer through that much line would take an IMMENSE amount of gas pressure to combat line resistance and keep the system in balance.

A LOT of long draw systems, especially THIS long, rely on inline pumps to keep line pressure up and only use enough CO2 to feed the pumps. Then they boost the CO2 volumes at the dispensery through inline methods.

A paper article I was shown, Sports Illustrated IIRC, indicated that they relied solely on gas pressure for service and carbonation maintenance.

Wow 550'. Think about all that beer thats wasted when cleaning the lines out. Not sure what dia of serving line but thats got to be several gallons.

Curious about this (Islanders and not a basketball fan so I don't really get there often/ever). What beer do they serve?

Off hand I don't recall exact brands. I haven't been there in two years (a kid will do that to you...). I remember telling a friend once that I had Goose Island at Yankees Stadium and MSG though, so they had that. Oh, and New Castle, on tap. New Castle from a keg is a great beer.

Off hand I don't recall exact brands. I haven't been there in two years (a kid will do that to you...). I remember telling a friend once that I had Goose Island at Yankees Stadium and MSG though, so they had that. Oh, and New Castle, on tap. New Castle from a keg is a great beer.

my friends were just there for NYE and were saddened to see that there were much fewer options for beer than in years past

Brooklyn Lager and Yeungling were apparently the other options aside from standard BMC offerings

That sucks if they went backwards like that.

I have been impressed by the selection at Yankees Stadium, but must say (this is hard to do), that CitiField has one of the best beer selections I have ever seen at a stadium. Nothing can beer Coors Field though, they have a damn brewpub built right in (even if it is owned by Coors).

Latest posts

Back