Mango Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnyard

Reaction score
So I would like to make a mango beer. I'm new to brewing and not sure where to start. If you were going to make a mango beer where would you start. (I have the mango's) I like sweet beers.

My girlfriend made an Imperial Mango Hefeweizen that turned out great. She used 6 mangoes but they pretty much all fermented out. There was only a very subtle note of the mango.

You should make a "mango wine" and blend it with your Hefeweizen after fermentation. That way you can control the flavor better. You may need 3-5 lb's per gallon. I know that it takes about 5 lbs to make one gallon of wine, but your only flavoring a beer and you don't want to over power the beer. You may need to sweeten it after blending. Either way, making the base wine separately will give you more control.

In regards to Simcoe as a hop, remember it has a mint flavor and I'm not sure it is appropriate for a mango flavor. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back