growing vegetables/peppers indoors.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grlz

Reaction score
anyone have any tips for this? id like to grow jalapenos and habaneros in my apartment, just wondering if anybody else is doing this and has any tips for me or anyone else that is interested.

Peppers, like tomatoes, do better when they are really hot. The hotter the better. So if you can put them in a place that gets full sun for most of the day that is best. The soil needs to stay warm and the plant likes a lot of sun. I have done herbs on the window, but never peppers.

go hydroponic and get yourself a nice horticultural digital ballast with a couple different bulb, one for vegitative growth, and the other for flowering. Probably look for about a 400w.

thanks guys. the aerogarden seems a bit expensive for me. i think i may go a little more ghetto...

I've got a habanero plant on my apartment windowsill right now, I've got one little fruit almost fully formed with another on the way. Still about 8 more flowers that haven't fruited yet though. Another tip is to keep the soil semi dry, if you keep the plant too well watered the peppers come out bitter.

I've heard to clip off the flowers when the plant is young to encourage more leaf growth - so you get a bigger plant that will produce more peppers later in the season.

yeah, clip the buds and the plant spends its energy on more growth or roots and such. all this stuff ive been reading, its actually quite interesting. who knew?!

Back