Another Keg setup buying question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeunc

Reaction score
I am purchasing either tonight or tomorrow a 2 keg setup and CO2.
I have a LHBS that can refilll CO2 so I am not worried about tank switches.

I want the 2 keg setup with the dual regulators to control each keg individually.

The two I am looking at are keg Connection and Midwest.

Keg connection:
2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)
Is around $240 for this setup plus just under $30 to ship gets me at $267

Midwest
Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies
is around $200 plus $20 for shipping gets me to $220

Is the equipment that much better at keg connection that it's worht me dropping an extra $50 or are the two kits comparable, both are dual regulators and the Midwest is a new CO2 tank.

I just wanted to get some feedback on if the extra $50 is worth it? Is the equipment much better, better guide, better connectors etc..

I appreciate all feedback as I want to order tonight or first thing tomorrow

thanks

The new CO2 tank is a nice bonus, but check and see if your local place swaps or fills. Other then that, as long as you look at the upgraded Keg Connection with dual body, they are the same. Either way, I think Midwest is the way to go.

Spend the $50 on other brew equipment/ingredients :) Enjoy your new kegging setup either way, let us know how it turns out!

Notice Keg connection gives you rebuild kits for the kegs and the two gas lines have on/off valves with check valves. There's $50 right there.
Check Valves will prevent beer getting back to your regulators and ruining them in case of an accident and are a must IMO.

local home brew shop says they refill in store for you,,not replace a shiny new one with one from an old welding shop.

What is a "rebuild kit"?

thanks
Joe

Notice Keg connection gives you rebuild kits for the kegs and the two gas lines have on/off valves with check valves. There's $50 right there.
Check Valves will prevent beer getting back to your regulators and ruining them in case of an accident and are a must IMO.

The midwest unit has a ball check valve on each output of the regulator.

I have the midwest kit that you are interested in. I have been very happy with it. They shipped me a new aluminum tank instead of the used one.
NOTE: Refurbished CO2 tank may be substituted with a BRAND NEW Brushed Aluminum CO2 tank -- no extra cost!!!

Further down the original page is another kit that has no picture that is identical and has a new tank for the same price. I think you get the new one no matter what.
Also as mentioned above, the outputs of both regulators have check valves, though no on/off switch.

Buy from midwest and keep $50 in your pocket!

I want the 2 keg setup with the dual regulators to control each keg individually.

Um... unless I'm missing something the Keg Connection kit does not come with dual regulators, it instead has a manifold to split the CO2 line. Are you looking to have different pressure for both kegs? It's not absolutely necessary, but I thought that's what you were suggesting by the above quoted sentence.

My advice is go with the Midwest Supplies kit. You get the dual reg you're looking for to control two different PSI's, and it's $50 cheaper. Use whatever money you save to buy ingredients and get those puppies filled.

I got that midwest kit without the CO2 tank.....because I already had one. But the rest of the kit is awesome!

Um... unless I'm missing something the Keg Connection kit does not come with dual regulators, it instead has a manifold to split the CO2 line. Are you looking to have different pressure for both kegs? It's not absolutely necessary, but I thought that's what you were suggesting by the above quoted sentence.

If you look at the link the option that is $240 from keg connection, it does come with dual regulators. The base cost for the two keg setup is less if you just want one regulator.

Not to be an ass, but just set the record straight.

What is a "rebuild kit"?

thanks
Joe

a rebuild kit is all the O-rings necessary to replace the seals on a used corny keg. 2 seals for the diptubes (gas and beer), 2 seals for the fittings (gas and beer), 1 seal for the lid.

thanks for all the replies I am leaning toward getting the Midwest kit today and ordering an extra set or two of O rings and lube.

If you look at the link the option that is $240 from keg connection, it does come with dual regulators. The base cost for the two keg setup is less if you just want one regulator.

Not to be an ass, but just set the record straight.

ASS!!! ;) jk

Thanks for pointing that out. I was just looking at the pictures and not reading the details below. I'm a lazy bastard.:D

I went the midwest route, added some extra O rings all around for both kegs and some LUBE,,and checked out for around $225 including shipping.
thanks to all

Back