Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the candy mead it is only a few months old so I dont know how much the flavours will separate, potentially ruining the candy flavour. Its a bit of everything mix.

The candy smell came mostly from the 4 flavour frozen fruit I added. Tastes delicious right now though (except the standard young flavours). Another couple of months to smooth it out somewhat and I will be finishing it off pretty quickly. If I had empty carboys I would put on another.

added for 5L
1kg Frozen mixed Grape, Blackberry, Strawberry and Raspberry
ocean spray 1.5L bottle of Cranberry & Blackcurrent juice
750g multiflora Honey
250g Manuka Honey
Pectolase
Water to top up

71B yeast and stepped nutrient additions(fermaid and go ferm blend) first 1/3 fermentation
OG 1.092
Temp 17.5C

Mashed the frozen fruit and added to carboy with pectolase 24hrs before adding everything else.
Fermented dry 1.000. Stabilized and racked across with honey to 1.015. Left to rest for a month or so before racking again. Had to use kwik clear to get the last haze out. Found it to have aged better at this point than my 2nd batch Joes quick grape which I put on at same time.

JAOM bottled today after three months. Also made a spiced pear melomel today

meadjaom.jpg

waxer said:
Selection of meads and ciders. Plus my latest bottled Sweet candy mead which I named after the smell.

What a cool setup! I need to do that someday!

waxer said:
Selection of meads and ciders. Plus my latest bottled Sweet candy mead which I named after the smell.

Is all those bottles your own mead?! That's a lot of mead man!

I might have posted this already, if so, apologize for the rerun, but this is the summer...

This is a basic mead - water and honey and yeast - with the addition of a "tea" from Halertauer hops - very noble - and fermented with a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen yeast. The idea was to create a gluten-free beverage that is based in mead and has overtones of a Bavarian Hefewiezen beer.

Very subtle clove and banana, champagne like carbonation, very enjoyable, going to get this commercialized soon.

bubblymead.jpg

Is all those bottles your own mead?! That's a lot of mead man!

Haha unfortunately not. Just commercial wines. Left in black shrink. Plan to fill all 130 on the left over the next 4 months though.

I might have posted this already, if so, apologize for the rerun, but this is the summer...

This is a basic mead - water and honey and yeast - with the addition of a "tea" from Halertauer hops - very noble - and fermented with a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen yeast. The idea was to create a gluten-free beverage that is based in mead and has overtones of a Bavarian Hefewiezen beer.

Very subtle clove and banana, champagne like carbonation, very enjoyable, going to get this commercialized soon.

I love mead and hefeweizen happens to be my favorite beer. This sounds absolutely amazing. I feel like I need to try this recipe :D

How long did you let it age before bottling?

BM-lTamCcAAyuuF.jpg:large

Just racked off Primary into individual gallons. Left to right:
Elderberry (dried berries with a stick of cinnamon)
Orange Raisin Spice (3 oranges w/pith removed, cloves, sweet cinnamon and cassia cinnamon and raisins)
Ginger and Lemon (2 lemons pith removed, palm size hand of ginger)
Chai Tea (cardamom, 2 cinnamons, star anise, cloves, Irish Breakfast Tea)
Green Tea and Lemon (Gunpowder Green Tea and 2 lemons pith removed)

I may have put too much green tea in, time will tell.
I gave them all a squeeze of honey because it was dry, will probably have to sweeten more before bottling.

Would love to hear how the Chai turns out! I love Chai tea so I will definitely have to give that one a try sometime.

I've been enjoying this thread so long that I thought I should contribute! Learning a lot on these forums...

In order these are: Show Mead with local (MN) Ames honey; JAOM; Cherry/Strawberry; Raspberry; Cherry Cinnamon

Waiting is the hardest part.

image-3702603739.jpg

I love mead and hefeweizen happens to be my favorite beer. This sounds absolutely amazing. I feel like I need to try this recipe :D

How long did you let it age before bottling?

For a three-gallon batch I boiled 1 gallon of water with 1.3 oz of Hallertauer for 30 min, flame out, added 5 pounds of honey, mixed well, topped with cold water to the 3-gallon mark, cooled, and pitched. OG 1.070, FG .992 ABV 8.5%, fermented for four weeks then transferred and allowed to settle for another eight weeks before force carb/kegged. We have a counter pressure bottle filler, and this bottle from the keg sat another three weeks before I opened it, and had some sediment at the bottom as it continues to clear. I am going to scale this up and make a 5-gallon batch for the fall and add a bit of clove.

For a three-gallon batch I boiled 1 gallon of water with 1.3 oz of Hallertauer for 30 min, flame out, added 5 pounds of honey, mixed well, topped with cold water to the 3-gallon mark, cooled, and pitched. OG 1.070, FG .992 ABV 8.5%, fermented for four weeks then transferred and allowed to settle for another eight weeks before force carb/kegged. We have a counter pressure bottle filler, and this bottle from the keg sat another three weeks before I opened it, and had some sediment at the bottom as it continues to clear. I am going to scale this up and make a 5-gallon batch for the fall and add a bit of clove.

I'm saving this to give it a try. Thank you for posting the recipe!!

Just racked off 5.5 gallons of blackberry from primary fermentation, need to find vanilla bean... This is a spin off of the Wolf Moon Recipe, we are calling it "Viking Venom".

image-749318647.jpg

Here is glass of 4 year old sparkling mead that turned out great. It lost its bubbles really quick, but it stayed pitulent and everyone at the table really enjoyed it.

image-1497183289.jpg

My rasberry is finally done! Exceeded the yeasts tolerance to finish dry. I like it dry, so that's alright. Made with wild raspberries picked in northern Alberta, and local honey. I found fish shaped bottles at the bottle recycling center that I found entertaining.

image-3850481669.jpg

Traditional
Sg 1.118
Fg 0.990
16.72%
2.2lb wilflower
1lb buckwheat
Yeast lavlin k1v-1116
Staggered nutrient edition

ForumRunner_20130727_210136.png

Just transferred my pineapple mango mead to secondary, can't wait to see how it tastes, smells perfect!

image-248857868.jpg

Sadly no meed to show yet but seeing all the batches, pictures and information I'm eager to get started when the budget allows for start up stuff, I know its not allot of money for most things but I want to do it right and am on a tight budget right now. :)

Here are a few pictures of my raspberry melomel, it is very sweet and very high in alcohol. I just bottled last night and I'm pleased with everything so far.

image-4173514277.jpg

image-985017877.jpg

image-404346346.jpg

image-2835897487.jpg

Sadly no meed to show yet but seeing all the batches, pictures and information I'm eager to get started when the budget allows for start up stuff, I know its not allot of money for most things but I want to do it right and am on a tight budget right now. :)

Make a batch of JAOM.

Just threw together a 3 gal batch of jaom! Pretty excited from all the good things I've heard about it.

image-1518337136.jpg

IMG_20130731_151425_zps29d07629.jpg

Blueberry mead. Bulk aged in primary for seven months, then bottled yesterday directly from primary. A little hot, and a little yeasty, but has a decent taste chilled. I'm sure the flavor will really develope over the next year or so.

zouthernborne said:
Blueberry mead. Bulk aged in primary for seven months, then bottled yesterday directly from primary. A little hot, and a little yeasty, but has a decent taste chilled. I'm sure the flavor will really develope over the next year or so.

I am about to rack my blueberry and now this makes want to just put a straw in it and drink away

Back