Hop Rocket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricScott

Reaction score
Considering buying one. Has anyone used one to great success? To great failure? Anywhere in between?

Has anyone used one without a pump?

Thanks!

Eric,

I used mine for the first time this weekend as an inline hop infuser. I say it works pretty well as a "Randalizer." I thought it was a little inconsistent with the pours since you're running through a large metal cylinder with hops in it. I thought it was very well constructed and looks really cool. I plan to use it as a hopback next week.

I use mine as a hopback and it works great. I just gravity feed through it before it hits the plate chiller. In this pic it is running through the pump, but it is off and I'm just using the valve as the throttle...

CSDYn.jpg

I love mine. I use it in pretty much every hoppy brew!

I switched it up a bit a last week when i brewed up a Saison (used 3711) with 2 oz of Amarillo in the Hop-Rocket before going through the chiller and into my carboy. The last hydro sample tasted pretty amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. When using as a hop back, you notice a difference in aroma/flavor than from flame out additions?

I haven't done a side by side, but I will say that it seems to be like a 0 minute addition but just more intense and 'bright'. I get a lot of both flavor and aroma, but as far as aroma goes, it isn't like the kind I get from dry hopping - I don't know how to describe it, its just a bit different (not in a bad way).

Back