drink my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
i would like to send a bottle of my first attempt in years to a member who will give me a critique. what i hope to accomplish is getting a second opinion to use as a good base line for reference. (like i dont know what an extract twang is and would not be able to identify off flavors). of course its all for fun. i would prefer to send one to somebody who has more than a few batches under the belt and can identify the obvious problems a noob might miss when it come to tasting day.

any takers ? first to respond with more than 1000 posts and a PM with the address gets it. (it is a simple brown ale that was in the primary 12 days and the secondary only 10 more. i also used about 1/2 the priming sugar i should have) this beer has been in the bottle one week.

I have to say that your best bet might be to send it to a competition. You will get honest feedback. I am sure someone here will give good advice too but a comp is anonymous.

I have to say that your best bet might be to send it to a competition. You will get honest feedback. I am sure someone here will give good advice too but a comp is anonymous.

I totally agree with carnevoodoo.. send it in to a competition.. entry fees are cheap and you will get a professional, certified, beer judge rate your beer... All competitions will send you scorecard back in the mail.... Hell, you might even win something.. go to beertown.org for a list of AHA sanctioned homebrew competitions

For most competitions does it matter if you live in the state that it is in or not? Could I submit beer to contests all over the place?

For most competitions does it matter if you live in the state that it is in or not? Could I submit beer to contests all over the place?

i think they have a whole forum devoted to the subject but i havent really look at the threads yet. i wanted to get some opinions from fellow brewers before i embarass myself at a competition....

Back