Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMEN, brother, can not wait!!!! But for now Hair Nation:rockin:, or the 80's :fro:

Hair Nation is pretty cool. But, dude... The 80s???? I went to High School in the 80s. Occasionally I'll flip over to the big 80s on Sirus for a little trip down memory lane. And I realize that I didn't even listen to this crappy music back then. :D

Hi everyone.

Two things should never be away while brewing:

1 - Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan. :rockin:
2 - Some Pearl Jam song.:rockin:

By the way, i am new on this forum. Greetings from this part of the world.

I made a mix for bottling once called -'Bottling Mix' how original I know. I usually listen to Ween or music that makes me feel good without much thought while brewing like Gomez or Dillinger Escape plan, Mr. Bungle etc.

Sometimes I get a little stressed out while brewing, so I put on some nice Kenny G. Nothing to soothe the soul like some easy listening...and after Kenny I like to put on some Michael Bolton. You know, it just doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves A Woman". I really can't decide what track I like the most...they're all so great. I celebrate his entire collection!

Sometimes I get a little stressed out while brewing, so I put on some nice Kenny G. Nothing to soothe the soul like some easy listening...and after Kenny I like to put on some Michael Bolton. You know, it just doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves A Woman". I really can't decide what track I like the most...they're all so great. I celebrate his entire collection!

I told those fudge-packers I liked Michael Bolton's music.

Death metal makes the yeast convert the oral sex method. Everyone likes oral sex. Thus, everyone likes metal..... yeah. :)

Obviously, music is necessary for brewing.

I listen to a strict died of AMON AMARTH viking metal when I'm brewing to give my beers that extra bite.

Ha ha! I love Amon Amarth. I have a signed "With Oden on Our Side" flag in my fermentation/weightlifting room.

I find a good mix of Black Metal and Death Metal do the trick. Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir, Naglfar, etc. are good for the European styles. I try to stick to American bands for my APA's. That's when I switch to Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Black Dahlia Murder, etc.

For a good twist, sometimes I will throw on "All the Best Irish Drinking Songs" when I'm brewing an Irish Red or a Stout. I've got that CD memorized almost word for word... :tank:

Definitely going to have to go with Chuck Ragan on this one. The new album Bristle Ridge with Austin Lucas is pretty rockin' if you are into the whole folk/bluegrass thing.

Deftones is the only way to go when i brew. although when my pops helps me bottle its all about The Doors, Rolling Stones, and The Beatles

Deftones is the only way to go when i brew. although when my pops helps me bottle its all about The Doors, Rolling Stones, and The Beatles

Good Call... Battle Of The Hip-Hop Robots is currently on heavy rotation on my iPod.

Also Strange Days, Hot Rocks, and Sgt. Peppers

No ****. The only other missing album would have been Dark Side Of The Moon.

Only name in the thread I recognize is Michael Bolton:eek:

Sorta not kidding either:D

I don't have a radio out where I brew, but if I did, I'd time my brewing with a baseball game or some other sporting event. Otherwise, jazz or classical for me.

A good Grateful Dead or Phish show tends to last as long as a brewing session, so I do that a lot (Phish just released my first show on DVD), ...

+1 on the Dead and Phish, I also listen to Bob Marley alot.

So when and where was your first Phish show elkdog?

Great Big Sea- specifically General Taylor, I'm A Rover, Mari-Mac, The Night Pat Murphy Died.

These guys kick arse! :rockin:

I've got a "brew" mix on the ipod I crank up. It's a bit all over the place with anything from Morphine, Grant Lee Phillips, Dead Can Dance, to Mozart, Wagner, Mahler, to Pink Floyd, Slayer, Pantera, To The Exploited, Minor Threat, TSOL, etc. But no hippy jam bands stuff what-so-ever. That stuff will rot your wort.:drunk:

Random, yes, but it curiously enough fits, just like the Darkside of the Moon album with the Wizard of Oz.
Once had a boilover queue up with the scream at the beginning of an Exploited song, and other random oddities like that.

I either put the ipod on shuffle and it'll serve up some Snoop Dogg followed up by CCR and then the soundtrack to the video game Oblivion.

No Christmas music allowed.

Mine Changes based on the brew and my mood. When I brewed up my american ale it was country, and I can just barely tolerate country but I was in the mood.

Normally though, its System of A Down, Rage Against the Machine, Tool and a little Metallica.

Rock On.

But on Occation I break out all my old Trance and DnBass CD and dance while brewing

When making beer, I like to listen to metal. Anything from Black Sabbatch to Slipknot. Seems like the metal, makes the brewmaking go all the better! I dont listen to anything when making apfelwein, as its quick and easy!

Latest posts

Back