220v Toolbox?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
I've seen a few examples of 115v tool boxes, most notably from Boerderij Kabouter's https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/simple-brewing-est-2009-build-147021/

An awesome idea, and it can be used for a lot of other things around the house. If desired, one could easily take this back to their ferm chamber and have it control the fridge after using it to brew with.

I've only heard about one person doing this with 220VAC.
I've been thinking about doing this and having a box with 2 pids. One would control a 220v circuit that would allow you to select beween 1 5500w element at a time (RIMS or BK). The other PID would control a circuit similar to what Boerderij Kabouter did...but just a single split receptacle (one outlet PID controlled/1 always on).

Anyone have ideas? I imagine heat would be an issue, but with a metal toolbox and heatsinks, it should be okay, right? At most, there would only be a single 5500 watt element and a pump running at the same time.

FWIW, Passedpawn is the one "guy" I was talking about. Either it's pure genius, or there's a reason why no one has made a hand held 220v box :D

Back