Less of a hangover with Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Last night I went to MMA and glugged a few beers - Windhoek Lager, Heinekin and Black Label (SABMiller). This morning I had a raging hangover. If I drink the same quantity HB I wake up fresh. This has happened more than once and has been observed by my freinds as well. Granted HB will also cause a hangover if drunk in sufficient quantities but not as severe. Has anyone else noticed this ?

when they filter commercial beers they also filter out vitamins that help fight the hangover.

More specifically, yeast are full of several B vitamins. Pretty sure processsing alcohol depletes you of B vitamins, which is one of the causes of a hangover. Unfiltered homebrew is full of yeast (even if clear usually) while most commercial beer is filtered. .

Excellent. So when we're teaching my son about nutrition I can go, "Vitamin B, for BEER!"

Eh. . Maybe not.

I always pop a vitamin "b complex" tablet before going to bed and right when I wake if I've really tied one on. Usually helps quite a bit.

And I always drink the yeast lees at the bottom of my homebrew bottles after I've poured the beer into a glass.

Latest posts

Back