PM coffee stout recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csuho

Reaction score
Hey guys i am looking for a pm recipe for a coffee stout. i have 7# of alexanders dark malt liquid extract i wanna use up and figured to do a stout since i haven't brewed 1 yet. i know i wanna use lactose too in the recipe and pretty much have the idea for the coffee down to cold brew a batch in the fridge overnite and then add to 2ndary. but what else grain wise to use?

thanks in adance.

:mug:Roasted Barley is a must for stouts,about a half a pound, I use either 1 pound of flaked barley or flaked oats for a oatmeal stout along with 3/8 or a half pound of choclate malt. I've been experimenting with coffee malt and black patent too , but the 2 barleys along with the choclate malt is always in my stouts.:mug:

thanks for the reply..

what i came up with so far was something like 1/2# flaked barley, 1# chocolate malt, 1# crystal 60, 1/2# roasted barley and 1/2# instant oats, 3# 2row. then cold brew coffee add to 2ndary. use windsor or notty. hop with fuggles or Willamette

Latest posts

Back