prime a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I want to naturally carb my beer in a 5 gallon corny. What is the recommended psi to seal the keg at? After it is sealed should I purge it from time to time. I know I need to use less priming sugar.

Thanks for any tips

I am no expert but I have heard of using 7-10psi and that you should not purge the keg. If you purge it , it will build up no pressure to dissolve into your beer.

why are you priming the keg? I mean, you can, but that creates more yeast in the keg bottom, making it harder to ever transport it.

Unless you have no space int he fridge for it and thus want to 'bottle condition' at room temp a while, I say put it on gas at serving PSI for 10 days and start drinkin.

Otherwise its like 1/2 cup sugar, and seat the lid with about 30psi (unless your keg seals easily)

Thanks malkore. My kegs seal damn tight at about 10. Figured at 30 you would just be force carbonating your beer?

Latest posts

Back