Your choice of beer(s) to toast Michael Jackson?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjj2ba

Look under the recliner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is very sad for all of us, and I'm sure many a toast was made/will be made in his honor. So what was your choice (will be your choice) to honor such an influential man.

I had a bottle of Ureige Sticke that has been in the fridge waiting for an appropriate occassion. Last night was it. My wife and I split it and sipped it with appropriate reverence. I then when on to consume a bit of my Belgian influenced pale ale. It all seemed quite appropriate.

I made a special trip home in between my full-time and part-time jobs, just to break open one of ohiobrewtus' Hoegaarden Clones, to toast MJ. And whaddayaknow, it was damn fine brew. Only fitting.

something belgian and complex. i'm gonna buy some gulden draak tonight and raise a glass in honor of the greatest beer connoisseur to ever walk the planet.

unless i find something even more appropriate when i go to the grocery...

I hadn't heard. Was he in bad health or was this sudden. Anyways, it is very sad to hear the news. I will definitely raise one tonight in his memory.:(

Well, I met him at a Double IPA fest, so I used 3CPA. Not saying I won't toast him again soon: Hop Madness 1-2 Sept.

He had Parkinson's the last 10 years, but that doesn't seem to be related to his death. Nor does it appear to be related to drinking in any way. [Having just lost a friend to pancreatic cancer, I can say that has little to do with drinking either]

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/whatsontap/archives/120913.asp?from=blog_last3

Some comments from the around the world:

http://www.allaboutbeer2.com/michaeljackson/index.html

One beer doesn't seem fitting enough. I have about 6 bottles of Belgian and north German beer from my last trip. Looks like tonight's the night.

:mug: Here's to you:mug:

-Matt

Michael Jackson was THE MAN. I have some Beligian Blond's to toast him with, in honor of his Beligian beer book, the Great Beers of Belgium.

Evan! said:
I made a special trip home in between my full-time and part-time jobs, just to break open one of ohiobrewtus' Hoegaarden Clones, to toast MJ. And whaddayaknow, it was damn fine brew. Only fitting.

I'm glad to hear that one of my brews proved to be fitting tribute to such a great man. Which one was it?

dmorris3333 said:
I'm having an Avery Hog Heaven in his honor. He will be missed.

Nice choice, little on the sweet side. But a damn good beer. I had a little bit of everything.

Here is to you M.J. :mug:

No good homebrews on me at the moment, so I'm sippin' on some Chimay Premiere right now.

I bet they have amazing brews in heaven.

Cheers MJ!!!

9-01-07003.jpg

9-01-07002.jpg

Damn good beer IMO!!!

:mug:

Back