March 809 center inlet pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUSTINTIMEBREWING

Reaction score
I just received my march 809 pump with a center inlet. As i do more and more research and examining of other peoples systems I haven't seen anyone with this style pump. So now I'm kinda second guessing my decision of my purchase. Does anybody use this style pump? Or does anybody have a little bit more info about these? pros/cons ect....:mug:

Here's a pic.

e5f1_12-1.jpg

Actually I would prefer the center inlet. This style has higher flow rates and can handle a little more head than the standard head. I also like the way it would mount on a stand. I have the LG pumps that are of the same style. Any pump is a good pump.

Consider yourself lucky....most of the complaints about march pumps are due to the difficulty in priming, which usually affects the models with opposite inlet/outlet. The center inlet should prime fine! :mug:

i've got one of these, works great after i got used to priming it. you might need a 3/4 - 1/2 reducing coupling depending on your setup

Back