Concept Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just threw this together quick in Paint. I'll have to figure out one of those fancy pants illustration programs to do it right. It'll be a big ol' IIPA probably.:

Damn_Aliens_.bmp

I think that is a great CONCEPT! I'd shorten the name to Alien Abduction Ale. Also the artwork is primitive with paint. I get it though. Great Idea and has Great Potential! hope you don't mind my comments or opinions...I like it!

Hey,

I liked your concept, so I threw together a rough label.

I know it's not consistent with what you wanted exactly, but I thought it would be funnier if the aliens were the ones giving the finger. Just me.

Let me know how it can be better, or if it totally sucks.

alienabductionale1.jpg

i think you should keep it exactly how it is, that's the sweetest label art ever.

i'm going to agree with Dantose...
It could look super cool. I certainly like the name!

Ya might want to threw a brewery name on there, if it doesn't clutter things up too much.

Hey,

I liked your concept, so I threw together a rough label.

I know it's not consistent with what you wanted exactly, but I thought it would be funnier if the aliens were the ones giving the finger. Just me.

Let me know how it can be better, or if it totally sucks.

alienabductionale1.jpg

That is awesome! The alien is hilarious. I'd love to have that sort of talent.

So, some background on the concept for the label:

This is for a really big IIPA - something along the lines of Green Flash IIPA at about 9%. Way back in college when we'd lose track of time in a bar, we'd blame it on the 'damn aliens' since alien abduction victims always claim to have lost a couple hours, but not remember much of anything until the shady psychologist drags the anal probe memories out of them.

I thought a guy on the label that looks like a typical target getting pissed that his beer is being stolen would be pretty funny. He's not afraid, or even relieved they didn't come for him again, he's pissed they are taking his beer away.

So, the name sort of has to remain. I really like the label SunLounger made though. That's some damn fine work.

Hey Pappers, Android, and BrewBrain- thanks for the comments on the label, glad you liked it.

BrewBrain- As far as having any talent, I have ZERO, I'm not an artistic person whatsoever. I can't even draw a straight line. Everything I did was all photoshop's doing. I didn't sketch anything, draw anything, absolutely nothing in that label is from me. It was all "stolen" via google images, sure I resized some stuff, added colors, but that's about it.

I liked how the label came out too, so I made a different one, with the same basic theme. It's just practice, so feel free to point out what could be better.

Thanks again for the interest guys.

abductionalelabel.jpg

Back