Moving To Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papad

Reaction score
Hey all.

New to the forums, and to homebrewing, for that matter. Always been into craft and micro brews, and I'm relocating to Denver in January, and wanting to pick up some supplies to get started.

Will most likely be living in the Southeast part of the city, around Aurora/Englewood/Centennial. Anybody have any recommendations for breweries and/or homebrew supply stores in that area?

Thanks in advance!

In the southeast of town, you have a very limited selection of breweries. I have a beef with Dry Dock but the Brew Hut has a good selection. Though, I think their prices are astranomical outside of grain. You would probably love Dry Dock though. They have an incredible selection of beers- a lot of them award winning. I personally love Copper Kettle. For Beer bars I would reccomend Parry's Pizza. They always have tap takeovers and a very good selection of craft beer from all over the country.

Other than that, I'll give you some places to stay away from: Elk Mountain in Parker is subpar. Lone Tree Brewing in (go figure) Lone Tree is fairly ho hum.

It's a beer wonderland out here. Welcome!

Copper kettle is an awesome brewery.

Caution Brewery and there is a very reasonable startup brew supply store in the same complex called grainy days. Not as big as a selection as brew hut but it is a hell of a lot more reasonable. The owner is nice and helpful and I like helping the little guys.

As for breweries, there are a crap ton of good breweries in the Denver metro area and throughout the state.

I couldn't agree more that it is a beer wonderland out here.

I bought supplies from Beer And Wine At Home on Broadway in Englewood a couple of years ago when I lived in Denver. All the guys there were very helpful. I bought everything I needed to start brewing and then life got in the way and never did start brewing until a month or so ago.

They're a little east of you, but Bierhaus Brewing and Supplies off Platte Canyon and Bowles need a mention. They're good guys, friendly & knowledgeable. They're a new shop so I try to support them when I can.

The Brew Huts prices are pretty awful, like stated above. Go there if you gotta have it now now now.

Bars in Aurora are fairly ghetto, so tread lightly (or be well armed!). Dry Dock is nice. Don't cross the parking lot to the Famous Door or across the street to MVP'S tho

They're a little east of you, but Bierhaus Brewing and Supplies off Platte Canyon and Bowles need a mention. They're good guys, friendly & knowledgeable. They're a new shop so I try to support them when I can.

Thanks for this. I live close to Mineral and Santa Fe and tired of driving out to the Brewhut for stuff. Never tried Beer at home on Broadway but this one looks like a winner.

+1 for Dry Dock and Copper Kettle. Those are the closest breweries on this side of town and I enjoy most of their offerings.

I typically use Brew Hut for ingredients because they're the closest and seem to have a big supply. It does seem like all of their hardware is pricey though. Not sure if this applies to ingredients too (anyone?) but pricing seems to be a fairly common knock on them.

You HAVE to go to the Falling Rock Tap House in Downtown. Maybe in conjunction with a Rockies game. Huge selection of craft beers and I do mean huge! A few years back during the homebrew conference, some of us HBTers had an opportunity to see where they keep the kegs in the basement. It was awesome!
There are a handful of breweries downtown as well that you can check out. Even Coors field has a brewery!

Took the beer club to Denver last fall, had a blast. Great Divide was an enjoyable experience, with some nice outdoor seating when the weather is cooperating. Falling Rock was everything I read it would be in the many reviews i read in beer advocate, huge selection, large facility, way overcrowded and extremely rude bar staff. Could have been that it was the weekend of the GABF, i dunno.

Do yourself a favor, check out Cheeky Monk in downtown. http://www.thecheekymonk.com/ They had Pliny on tap, and a ton of great belgians. Almost every beer was served in it's appropriate glass, a nice touch. Add to that the food was fantastic!

I love Denver, enjoy!

Back