Brew software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcw203

Reaction score
As anyone tried the I brewmaster for iPhone and how do you like it can you record and keep history also do you know if there is one for a Mac computer and if not what is truly the best for osx

I just bought beersmith which runs fine on my computer (macbook pro). I find it a little overwhelming to use, but I figure I'll get it with time.

I have the iPad app. I like it and it is fairly straight forward. You have a "recipe" section for maintaining your recipes and then a "batches" section that tracks the actual beer brewed (from your recipes).

So there's nothing in the app telling you say for all grain what you should be boiling and all of those type of things like others will

jcw203 said:
As anyone tried the I brewmaster for iPhone and how do you like it can you record and keep history also do you know if there is one for a Mac computer and if not what is truly the best for osx

Hi JCW. I know I run the risk of being an a** by raising this, but both of your posts in this thread are hard to read and comprehend because you didn't take the little effort necessary to write in sentences. One way to look at it is that if you're unwilling to put forth the effort to punctuate and capitalize, why should I put forth the extra effort needed to decode your block of text?

Generally I just skip posts like this, but because you are new, I wanted to share with you why people may not be understanding your question (like above) or not responding. Please take this in the spirit of helpfulness with which it is intended.

I use Beer Alchemy on my Mac and my iPad. You can wirelessly synch them too. On brew day I do notes on the iPad and then just synch it to my Mac later. Since it was written for a Mac it runs great.

I am working on a database that will run on my iPad for keeping track of my recipes/brewing notes and tracking how they turned out. It doesn't have all the stuff beersmith has but does access the beer calculator at hopville.com so you can check your recipe and beerlabelizer.com so you can make labels. Has a couple of layout sheets for printing the labels so far too.

Back