Any suggestions for an IPA recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsochist

Reaction score
I'm kinda new to brewing. ANyone know a good recipe? Link it if it's easier. Thanks. It's just looking at all the different types of recipes some are extract some are all grain--it gets kind of overwhelming because I still feel really new at the whole process. I kind of want to do a two-hearted clone...but I'm open to any other suggestions as well. Thanks guys!

Have you done a batch yet? All grain, extract, partial mash? If you haven't done any yet I would suggest doing a partial mash.

Go to Austin Homebrew Supply, New Zealand Rye IPA is a good one. You can get extract, partial mash, or All Grain. They also have a HUGE selection of commercial and AHS kits.

Go to Austin Homebrew Supply, New Zealand Rye IPA is a good one. You can get extract, partial mash, or All Grain. They also have a HUGE selection of commercial and AHS kits.

Jhart is right.. I just kegged a AG NewZealand Rye IPA and it is awesome...It is one of the best IPA beers I have ever had....

You can buy Northern Brewer's "Dead Ringer" kit which is a THA clone but it's a fairly simple and tasty recipe.

12 lbs 2-row pale malt mashed at 152* (or substitute 9.15 lbs light LME)
1 lbs crystal 40

five 1 oz centennial additions (60, 20, 5, 0, DH)

If doing extract, add only 3.15 lbs of extract to begin with and add the rest toward the end of the boil. Not only will you get better hop utilization but it will give you lighter color closer to the original.

You can buy Northern Brewer's "Dead Ringer" kit which is a THA clone but it's a fairly simple and tasty recipe.

12 lbs 2-row pale malt mashed at 152* (or substitute 9.15 lbs light LME)
1 lbs crystal 40

five 1 oz centennial additions (60, 20, 5, 0, DH)

If doing extract, add only 3.15 lbs of extract to begin with and add the rest toward the end of the boil. Not only will you get better hop utilization but it will give you lighter color closer to the original.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/dead-ringer-ipa-extract-kit.html

Back