warp breach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zexter

Reaction score
hello, ive got another gallon of wine fermenting.

i started it on sunday (6-23-07)

im using the warpbreach method, like many advised.

i did everything accordingly, and a few hours later the baloon inflated. this means the fermenting process started and it did not stall.

i just checked on it today (6-28-06) as i do everyday, and the baloon is deflated. last time this took right at 13 or 14 days to happen.

is it ready to drink already (minus the taste) ?

edit: im using the same type of yeast, sugar, same brand of juice (just a different flavor), and the same storage (lighting, temp,ect)

i shook it up a little, and the baloon inflated. but now, for the past couple of days, even if i shake it, the baloon stays 100% deflated and nothing is happening.

is this safe to filter, cool, and drink? i dont know whats going on, but it smells the same as a gallon that has sat for a couple of weeks. it actually has more of an alcohol smell than usual.

did i just get like some mutant yeast or somthing? can i filter and drink this?

First, it's not done yet. Give it some time.

Second, stop shaking it - you're potentially aerating it, spoiling your "wine" before you ever get to drink it.

Third, ferment your next batch in a glass container with an airlock (neither cost very much). Your "wine" is bound to taste of plastic and latex if it ever becomes drinkable.

Finally, and most importantly:
I can't believe anyone would actually recommend that method. There was a recent contest here to see if anyone could actually make a palatable beverage using similar methods. I'm not sure of the outcome, but the whole thing was born out of a joke. Please do some more research/reading before making more "wine."

Yuri_Rage said:
Finally, and most importantly:
I can't believe anyone would actually recommend that method. There was a recent contest here to see if anyone could actually make a palatable beverage using similar methods. I'm not sure of the outcome, but the whole thing was born out of a joke. Please do some more research/reading before making more "wine."

I am going to go out on a limb here and say its the same person.

I Personally prefer the used tampon filtration method to clean up my prison hooch

Really, I am sure you can make something DRINKABLE that way, but if you are going for WINE and not alcoholic punch, there are MANY better ways.

honestly im going for somthin i can make easy thatll get me drunk in a couple weeks

*throws up a little in mouth*

but seriously, give the man a break if he wants to make prison hooch/ ghetto juice, let him. Atleast his profile says he's old enough to brew... :rolleyes:

I suppose bread yeast or moldy bread was used.... *snickers*

Yeah sorry for the ribbing, i still like my Hard Kool-Aid as much as the next hoocher, but honestly use a real airlock and fermenter. And making alcohol isn't about getting drunk it's about enjoying what you drink/make, a side-effect just happens to be that happy feeling.

Latest posts

Back