CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aggieactuary

Reaction score
My homebrew club, the Krausen Commandos, is doing a group buy from North Country Malt, and we're opening it up to people outside the club to help fill the pallet.

It looks like we're going to have availability for 10-15 sacks. The Commandos have priority to lock in an order until May 21. But I want to go ahead and get the ball rolling here to fill up the rest of the pallet, so we can order sooner than later.

First come, first serve. For example if we end up needing 15 sacks, the first 15 sacks ordered on this thread will get in on the group buy.

Here are the details:

1. Payment will be upfront, through PayPal, once the invoice is secured. Make sure no fees are assessed to me. Cash upfront is a possibility if you don't want to use PayPal, but you would be driving to me near Hartford.

2. You come pick up your order, or have pre-arranged plans to have someone else pick your order up. Basically, we don't deliver.

3. The pick up location will be in Barkhamsted, CT. We will arrange a pick up time of our convenience.

4. To see the North Country Malt catalog, go to: http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
password "greatmalt"

5. Use 1,000lbs pricing, but the final price could come in lower, closer to the 2,000lbs pricing.

6. Add $4-$6 per bag for shipping.

7. We can't order Briess malts. They only allow commercial brewers to purchase their malts.

Three bags for me as well.

1 x BD-PALE
1 x BZ-PILS
1 x TF-MOPA

-Josh

I need specifics on which malts from which maltsters.

Also, I added a note above about Briess. We can't order Briess malts.

It looks like it's going to 10 bags or less, but we're planning to try to do a group buy about every 6 months. So, keep an eye out if you don't get in on this one.

cool. for the 5 bags i'd like:

3 bags CM-2ROW
2 bags BD-MOPA

just curious, will it be @ the 1,000lb pricing?

thanks-
tim

I don't want to promise anything, but they told me we should get the 2,000lbs pricing. Of course, you add shipping onto that.

For my 3,
2 bags CM-2ROW
1 bag CM-WHET

Thank you!

I should hould have went for 4 bags, hoping to get some BD-MOPA in your next buy.

It looks like it's going to be either 8 or 12 bags depending on one club member, but I'll know for sure by the end of the day tomorrow.

If it's 8 bags, then that means shipreck and 10285 are in. If it's 12 then orangehero is in, and joshs is in for 1 bag.

joshs, I still need your selection. Go ahead and tell me all 3 bags you want in case someone fails to pay upfront on PayPal, but specify which bag to get if you only get 1.

wesolomon, I'd go ahead and send me your selections in case someone doesn't pay upfront on PayPal, because you're next in line- assuming you still want in.

nediver, same here. Send me your selections in case a couple of people fall through.

Also, as I said, I need upfront payment on PayPal prior to the order. I'm planning to make the Request For Quote (RFQ) on Monday. Then, it should take a day or two to get the invoice. Then, I'll post exactly what each of you owes. Then, you need to send the payment to my PayPal account. I'll PM that to you with the invoice info.

Make sure you have a credit card or sufficient funds to make the payment instant. If your payment hasn't arrived by the time we're ready to order, then you'll be out and I'll move to the next person. I think it takes 3-5 days for a regular bank account payment to clear on PayPal, so I wouldn't rely on that to get to me in time.

Also, make sure on PayPal you use Personal Gift or Personal Payment Owed, so that I don't get charged any fees. If I don't get a full payent, I'll send your money back and move on to the next guy.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I have a lot to coordinate to try to keep this order timely. And I won't shell out fees for your orders.

Check the original post for updated pick up location details.

Let me know if you have any questions.

TF-HALC
BZ-PILS
BZ-DMUN

Pellet Hops (1 lb each)
Magnum
Sterling
Centennial
Vanguard

Only order hops if you can get me a bag of malt.

Thanks

Here are my selections:

1 x BD-PALE
1 x BZ-PILS
1 x TF-MOPA

That is the order of my preference as well. Thanks for putting this together.

-Josh

Cm-pale
cm-pils
cm-pale
cm-pils

in that order because not sure how many of my 4 bags you can get

1234, is the 11# minimum a recent change?

Bill

The prices you see, probably, are for 11# packages. You can buy less than 11# but the prices rise significantly. I looked at doing a buy from them, not with our grain, and the prices wasn't as good as I got from www.bcrosbyhops.com

A pallet of grain is 42 sacks and nothing else will fit on the pallet according to the folks at NCM. If you order 41 sacks you could get a couple 11# packages of hops, but it looks like your pallet is already full.

The order is closed. We ended up needing 9 bags. So, shipreck (5 bags), 10285 (3 bags) and orangehero (1 bag only) are in.

Orangehero, which bag do you want. Let me know ASAP.

I sent the order into NCM. This will be a quick turn around. Check this thread and PMs often over the next couple of days.

They told me they will send the invoice and ship the next day. So, I'll need your payments quickly once I send your actual prices.

orangehero, I went with the TF-PILS since it was first on your list. Let me know if that does not work or you. I can try to see if I can change if need be.

Ok, I got the invoice. The shipment should arrive next Wednesday!

Here are the amounts owed:

shipreck: $170 PAID
10285: $92 PAID
orangehero: $38 PAID

I'll send my PayPal email by PM. Please pay using Personal - Payment Owed or Gift, so neither of us will incur fees.

Also, I'm setting the payment deadline for Saturday at noon. That way if I don't get paid I can move on to the next guy who wants in before I have to make the payment to NCM.

Look for the PM.

Thanks for paying upfront on PayPal!

It looks like it should ship out on Tuesday and arrive, on Wednesday, at the business we're using that has a loading dock and forklift. Then, we'll pick it up with a flatbed truck and take it to the final destination in Barkhamsted where you can pick it up.

I'll send the address by PM.

Missed the boat this time, any idea when another buy ma y happen? I'm in Griswold if that matters at all.

Erik, there has been discussion of trying to do this every 6 months. We'll see. I'll post on this thread a link to a new thread if it happens.

shipreck, 10285 and orangehero: check your email for pick up details

I know, it sounds likere there is enough interest to get a pallet. Ill go in for three bags. Any tips on how to order, I would do it, hiwever I have no storage space.

I think it needs to be a loading dock location for shipping the pallet. I believe I read that when I was reading through a catalog. If you coordinate it well, you can kick everyone else's sacks quickly.

Have people pick up at your shipping location. Maybe some deliveries can be made for people going in certain directions. Payment upfront is a good tip :).

I'm not sure what the status is on another order, but I would be interested in 4-5 sacks. Also posting in here so I don't lose this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back